Chapter 16

"If either of us catch you out of this bed you will be in serious trouble. Got it?"

"Well I suggest you get your extra sheets and covers out. I also hope you have plenty of laundry detergent."

"Why?" Penny and James asked simultaneously.

"Y'all told me not to get out of bed, and if I follow orders that means I can't get up and go to the bathroom." She loved being sarcastic and teasing them, and if she was having to stay in one room for at least 2 days she was going to make the most of it.

"I swear child you are the most sarcastic, smart aleck person on this planet. You know you can get up to go to the bathroom, but nowhere else." Penny said to Gabrielle then looked at James, "are you sure you want to live with that mouth for eternity?"

"When you love somebody, you have to accept all parts of them including their loud mouth."

"Since I cannot leave this bed besides the bathroom, can someone pass the remote, bring me a code red Mtn. Dew and bring me some food?"

"And what would your highness like to eat?" James asked.

"Well your highness would like dessert first. Some warm banana pudding with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top covered in whipped cream and topped with a cherry. Followed by a porterhouse steak smothered in grilled onions with a loaded baked potato and corn on the cob." She had the most serious look on her face, but was laughing on the inside as she continued joking with them, "All to be served on the finest silver."

He stood at the door and looked at her for a few minutes. His eyes had an almost piercing look about them, ''I will bring you exactly what you wish for my queen." He finally said before heading to the kitchen."

"You really shouldn't take his hospitality for granted, even if you are his girlfriend." Penny told her with a disappointed look on her face.

"Did you not see the look he gave me while he was standing there?"

"No, but I'm sure it was not a nice one."

"He was reading my mind. I was telepathically telling him something different. I want to see if this new link actually works like he is expecting it to."

"What are you talking about now?"

"When he gave me his blood, it strengthened our bond. Even though his blood is no longer in my system the effects stayed. At least it did according to him. So, if it works then he will be bringing me something else to eat. Besides I said all that to get him out of the room for a few minutes so we could talk."

"We are already talking. "

"And that is where I get my smart mouth from." She said as she picked up a notebook and pen from her bedside table and began writing down a list. When she was finished, she handed it to Penny and said, "Like I said at the hospital, I don't want James to know about this until we know for sure it will work."

"What is this exactly?"

"I need you to do a lot of research and see if these things are possible, and I need you to leave me that book here so I can do some research on my own." She said pointing to the black leather jeweled book.

"Alright."

"And I think that connection did get stronger because I am sure I feel James coming, so hide the list in your bag."

Sure, enough James walked in just as Penney hid the paper.

"Here is your drink darling, and a straw just in case you want to use it. Your food will be ready in about 10 minutes."