5.

~•~•~•~𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐓𝐨𝐮𝐫

~•~•~•~
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐓𝐨𝐮𝐫.
~•~•~•~

The kiss is more gentle than any other we've had. I can't believe I feel his lips on mine again. This kiss is not like the others, it is somehow different. Maybe because now I know it's real.

As we pull away from each other, a smile crosses Cato's face. He touches his nose to mine and starts rubbing it, and I put my hand on his cheek. Cato puts an arm around my waist and pulls me closer to him. Now I'm literally glued to his body.

"I missed your lips," I say, biting my lower lip. I get a small laugh from him in return.

"Oh, yeah?" I smile at him and he puts one of my legs over his. In doing so, he moves his hand in a smooth back-and-forth motion along my leg. I'm starting to feel something new that makes me want Cato badly. 

"You make me feel things I've never felt before," I say. Cato has a way of making my body feel good.

"Like what? Is it something good?" He jokes. I'm pretty sure this boy knows very well what he does.

"Mhm, it is indeed good," Cato smirks and kisses me one more time.

"Trust me, I can make you feel really good. But now you need sleep, tomorrow is a big day."

I shudder to think of having to see the faces of all the dead tributes. Worse, though, is that we have to start with District 11, which means I get to see little Rue and Thresh, who gives me nightmares about Cato and the mutts.

"Stay with me," I tell him.

"I'm not going anywhere," He replies. It doesn't take long for us both to fall asleep.

~•~

I wake up and the first thing I see is Haymitch's face. Then I realize where I really am and more importantly: who I am with. I shouldn't have left him a key to my house. 

"Well, it looks like you two had fun," Haymitch says, drinking from a glass I assume is full of alcohol.

"Don't be mad, I can explain."

"No, I don't want to know. The only thing that is important to me is that you two do not look at each other as if you are in the arena. Come on, wake him up, and let's get on the train."

After I manage to wake up Cato, Cinna comes to help me with the outfit. We have to be properly dressed because the whole country will be watching our Tour. And while most people in the Capitol can't wait to see us together again, I want it to end quickly. I can't imagine what it must be like for the parents of the dead tributes, especially those who were killed by me or Cato.