19.

~•~•~•~𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐛𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥

~•~•~•~
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐛𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥.
~•~•~•~

"For me? What does that mean?" I ask Haymitch while Cato continues to hold my waist.

"You wanted them as allies, didn't you? That's why she brought them," He answers me, looking calmer than ten seconds ago.

Yes, that's right, but his expression a moment ago said otherwise. However, I decide not to think about it too much because it's clear to me that whatever it is, I will hardly find out about it. And the fact that I am sure something is happening, is enough for me. I, however, will continue to play the game as I have planned from the beginning.

Not because I don't want to know what Haymitch is planning behind my back, but because I know he would never tell me, especially considering that everyone is watching. But whatever it is, I hope it ends with Cato walking out of the arena. It's probably that, maybe Haymitch just gathered allies that he thought would be loyal enough to keep Cato and me alive as long as possible.

"Are you calmer now?" Cato asks me in a whisper.

"Yes, you can let me go now. I'm not five, I can control myself," I answer him in a slightly firm tone. I do it without wanting to. It's not because of him but because of the whole situation.

Cato notices that I'm confused and angry, so he just lets me go without saying anything. I'm sure he wants us to talk, to be just the two of us like we were before we were interrupted. But now with our new additions, that will be hard to ever happen.

He goes to talk to Enobaria, presumably to ask her how she got into this situation. I decide to help Wiress wash the blood off her body as she is still in shock.

"Tick-tock," She says. "Tick-tock!"

"Tick-tock, okay." I try to understand why Wiress repeats exactly these two words.

I wash her hair while Johanna cleans her axe. I look towards the beach to see what the others are doing. Beetee catches my attention the most because he is dealing with a very strange thing. 

"What does Beetee have there?" I ask Johanna.  

"The coil? It's some kind of wire," She answers. 

"Did he get it from the Cornucopia?"

"Took a knife in the back to get it," Johanna says and this seems to catch Wiress' attention because she suddenly gasps.

"Tick-tock! Tick-tock!" 

"I can't. Just... Have fun with "Nuts." Johanna leaves me alone with Wiress.

Then I look up at the sky to see several thunderbolts hitting a large tree. It's the same when Finnick and I counted twelve thunderbolts.

"Tick-tock?" Wiress says confused. 

That's when I start to rethink the events that happened. I look around the arena and look at one section of the jungle. There are the lightning bolts. In the next, it rains blood that has overtaken Johanna, Wiress, and Beetee. We must have been in the third section when we hit the fog. And as soon as it disappeared, the monkeys began to gather in the fourth segment.