11.

~•~•~•~𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

~•~•~•~
𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧.
~•~•~•~

"I volunteer as tribute." The words keep repeating in my head.

No. Why did he say that? We could have both gotten out alive, now one of us is going to die for sure.

"Cato's out of his mind," Haymitch says. Oh, not only is he out of his mind, he just killed one of us.

"I told him not to do it!" I say angrily.

"Do you think he would just leave you in the arena like that?" Well yes, I was hoping he would. Now I have to say goodbye to my return home because I have no intention of winning.

I remain silent because I have nothing more to say. And getting angry and shouting makes no sense because Cato's act is already a fact. I can't believe he had the chance not to go to the horrible arena and he sent himself there anyway. How could he be so stupid?

We continue with District 3. The tributes are Beetee and Wiress. Haymitch said they didn't win their Games by fighting but with brains. Beetee won by electrocuting six tributes at once, which makes me afraid of this harmless-looking man.

Next is District 4. I roll my eyes seeing who the male tribute is.

"Finnick Odair, right?" I ask.

"Yes, he won his Games at fourteen, youngest ever," Haymitch explains.

"Yeah, I know. We met at the Capitol party, he's a total peacock." I can't help but think that this boy is handsome, but I'm aware that this is not in any way for my benefit.

"But he's The Capitol darling, so will surely steal all the sponsors. They adore him," Haymitch replies.

"You say it like it matters to us. We can't have sponsors, so the only thing we can do is rely on ourselves."

"Who knows? One of Cato's sponsors can help us, too." I hadn't thought about that. Is it allowed to send gifts through someone else's tribute?

"What can Finnick do?" I go back to the old topic.

"Let's see... he's charming, smart, and very skilled with weapons. Especially in water," Haymitch says. Oh, great, I think I already know who the winner will be.

"What about weaknesses?"

"One," Haymitch motions for me to look at the TV. "Mags. We can see that she volunteers for Annie. Mags was his mentor and basically raised him. If he's trying to protect her in any way it exposes him." I see a woman who is probably in her eighties and Finnick hugs her in gratitude.

"A guy like that has to know she's not gonna make it," I say.

"Well, yes, I bet when it really comes to it, he won't protect her. But I just hope when she goes, she goes quickly. Mags is actually a wonderful lady." I feel bad for her. I know she doesn't stand a chance, but I still don't think she deserves to die in the arena. Nobody deserves this thing.