7.

~•~•~•~𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮

~•~•~•~
𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮.
~•~•~•~

I look at Cato and see that he is not at all happy with the sight he sees. He looks like he's going to kill someone.

"Well done, son." The man says.

"What is he doing here?" Cato asks his mother.

"Well, he..." She begins to speak.

"What? Can't a father greet his son?" I can tell from his tone that I don't like this man already and I wouldn't want to be around him.

"It's not your style."

"Stop it Cato, you're not doing a good impression of me on your girlfriend," His father looks at me and goes to extend his hand for a shake, but Cato waves it away.

"She doesn't have to introduce herself," Cato replies and takes my hand in his. "You remember, I'm not in your life anymore, so she shouldn't be either."

I find the whole situation quite tense. I have no desire to communicate with the man who brainwashed his son into participating in the Games, and neither does Cato. His mother seemed like a better person than his father and I definitely want to talk to her. I see that she, just like me, doesn't know how to react.

"You're controlling her too, huh?" His father says.

"Cato is not controlling me," I take the floor. "He in no way has the right to tell me what to do, but I do share the same opinion as him that I don't need to introduce myself to you." The three of them look at me in surprise, as if they don't believe that I can have a rude side.

"Come on, let's go," Cato whispers in my ear and I smile at his mother before we leave. However, before we get on the train, the father's voice stops us.

"If you think you are very good and smart just because you won the Games, then you are very wrong. You won only because my son is weak and let you leave the arena with him," He says and this causes Cato to turn to him.

"That's enough of you-" Cato walks towards him and I'm pretty sure he's going to punch him in the face, but Haymitch luckily steps in and stands in front of Cato with his hands up.

"Man, you need to calm down," Haymitch says.

"I'm not in a mood to hit mentors. Move, Haymitch!" Oh, this doesn't look good. I have to intervene.

I run up to them and wrap one arm around Cato's. He looks at me slightly angry but I don't back down.

"Stop it, he's not worth bothering with," I say. He doesn't seem to agree with me at first, but after a few seconds, he realizes I'm right. His muscles relax and he removes his hand from mine.

"Thanks for bringing him," Cato tells his mother as he walks to the train.

~•~