14.

~•~•~•~𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮

~•~•~•~
𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮.
~•~•~•~

"It's a bird! It's got feathers! It's like a bird! It's like a, um..." Caesar tries to find the right words.

"Like a Mockingjay," I finally say.

Oh, Cinna. What have you gotten yourself into? This is dangerous. Everyone knows that the Mockingjays are not liked in the Capitol, and he just now made me a symbol. This is an act of rebellion. A sudden fear came over me for him.

"Your stylist certainly has outdone himself this time, hasn't he? Cinna! Take a bow!" Caesar says.

The camera shows Cinna bowing, waving to everyone, and blowing air kisses. I can't believe he did all this for me. Now everyone will associate the Mockingjay with me, they will know that this is my symbol.

Then my three minutes are up. Caesar thanks me and I go up to the rest of the tributes. At least the worry that it will be difficult for me to climb those stairs in the wedding dress disappears because now my dress is lighter than ever.

Haymitch takes the stage after me, as he is the last tribute for the interview. It's a good thing he's not drunk because otherwise, he wouldn't have made a good impression on the audience. Although, what does it matter at this point?

"Haymitch, Haymitch! We are all excited to see you back on that stage, aren't we?" Everyone starts cheering. "Tell me please, how does it feel to be the first person to participate in both Quarter Quells in the Hunger Games history?" Ceaser asks him.

"Well, I'm honored to be a part of it. Nobody's as lucky as I am, that's for sure," Haymitch says jokingly. He's right, he really is the most screwed up of us all.

"Haha! Eventually, that's true! I'm sure we'll all expect a lot from you, after all, you're the winner of one of the toughest Hunger Games," Caesar says. If someone asks me, I'd say his Games were the most terrifying. I have no idea how Haymitch managed to survive.

They continue to talk some more about his previous Games. Haymitch just leaves me speechless with his great acting, I had no idea he could be such a good liar. Maybe I should be more careful with my trust in him.

"What I will definitely miss are these people here. The Games are the reason I know these wonderful people and I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet them. It's a shame I'm going to have to say goodbye to all of them," Haymitch says, and it rubs off on the audience. It's like they don't approve of losing their favorite winners either.

"I agree with you Haymitch. You will all remain in our hearts!" Caesar is also saddened. "Well, let's send off with thunderous applause, Haymitch Abernathy!"

When Haymitch walks up to us, the audience starts talking to each other about how they don't like this year's Games. He made them think that this was the last time they would see us alive. Well done, Haymitch. That's what my look tells him.