23.

~•~•~•~𝐖𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡

~•~•~•~
𝐖𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡.
~•~•~•~

The explosion throws me to the ground and my body is now completely useless because I know I am paralyzed. Everything explodes in front of my eyes, which I can barely keep open. That's my end. If I close my eyes, it's all over.

I don't have the ability to get to Cato and save him. All I keep telling myself is that I have to get up and find him, but my body refuses to move. I try to stay awake as long as I can, in case Cato finds me so I can die in peace, knowing he's okay.

But that doesn't happen. No one comes to me, except the hovercraft. It either takes me like they do with the dead tributes or they take me to the Capitol and finish me off there. But I don't care, I'm dead anyway. Better that way than life without Cato.

I wonder for a moment what will happen to the rest of the tributes. Will there even be a winner? President Snow isn't going to let someone get out alive after what I did. Then I realize. By destroying the arena, I also eliminated any chance of Cato living.

As I try to figure out what's going to happen to all the tributes, I watch the arena break apart little by little. Pieces of what was a few minutes ago sky are falling near me. No wonder, if I die right now. I see the hovercraft descend and release the large clip that is supposed to collect my body.

I'm terrified of what awaits me up there. I really hope I die before I get the chance to meet anyone from the Capitol. Then this big clip or paw grips me and the hovercraft flies up. As I float through the air, my eyes slowly but surely begin to close, and I try to devote my last thoughts to Cato.

~•~

I wake up suddenly from the terrifying nightmare I had. At first, I have no idea where I am and what has been happening these days. I'm trying to remember what happened last, but my memories are slipping away. Then I remove the inhaler from my mouth and slowly rise to a sitting position.

Beetee is lying next to me, but he is still unconscious. I take another look at where I am and realize that I'm in the hovercraft I saw... Oh, now I remember what happened. But this is something that doesn't fix things in any way.

Cato. I need to find out where he is. Did he manage to survive? No, I don't have to even think about it. Cato must be somewhere here, he must be alive and okay. There is no other option.

I'm afraid that they may have taken him somewhere to punish him and the others for what I did. I'm sure that's why they let me live, to torture me for as long as they can and then maybe end my suffering. But Cato is not to blame for this. He shouldn't pay for my actions.

I manage to get to my feet and notice that my hand is bandaged right where Johanna cut me with her knife. I don't know what awaits me on the other side of the door, so I grab a syringe just in case. I slip down the narrow corridor and reach a metal door that is slightly open. There is someone behind it.