10.

~•~•~•~𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝟑𝐫𝐝 𝐐𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐥

~•~•~•~
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝟑𝐫𝐝 𝐐𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐥.
~•~•~•~

"Melanie, say something," Cato prompts me. I don't want it to look like I'm the innocent one in the situation. I mean if I find out that he's been kissing another girl, I won't be happy either, but I certainly won't do this to him.

"I understand you, Cato, I really do. But you should have just asked me. I know I have some guilt about the kiss and I'm sorry but I didn't even want it to happen," I say. The dumb thing about the whole situation is that Cato has the right to be mad about something I didn't even ask to happen.

"Do you like him?" Cato asks looking worried. I have said many times that Gale is like a brother to me and there is no way I could fall in love with him. Not especially when I have Cato.

"No, how could I? As soon as I pulled away from the kiss, I started telling him that it can't be because I... I like you." I see his face suddenly light up. That should put his worries to rest.

"So it was just an accidental kiss?"

"Yes, Cato. Nothing more," I reassure him.

"Ah, Melanie. You should have told me he kissed you." To tell him? Look what happened when he found out, how was I expected to tell him?

"You would get angry just like you did now," I say.

"Yeah, I would but at him and not at you. I thought you... might have something secret with him, I don't know," Cato replies.

Well, I understand him. After all, we hadn't seen each other in five months. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't think Cato started to like another girl during this period.

"Yeah, you're right," I say. "But I still don't want you to treat me like that. I felt like those girls you were talking about." He looks at me guiltily.

"I wanted you to see how I felt when I found out that someone else kissed you."

"How you felt?" I ask. Cato looks at me.

"Like you're not mine anymore. Like I don't have the right to kiss you anymore," Cato says. Wow, I had no idea he took things so seriously. I thought Cato just wanted us to be on good terms and that's it. We never said we were actually together.

"Well, for starters, it'll be nice to find out who feels what, because it's so hard for me," I say, looking him straight in the eyes. "I want to be with you, Cato." He looks at me surprised. He stands there for a few seconds silent, wondering what to answer.

"Me too. But I'm not good at these things and I don't want to screw something up. That's why I was so angry when I heard about the marriage. It all felt too fast, and I have no idea how these things happen," Cato admits.

"I'll help you, Cato. We're in this together, aren't we?" I say. These things seem to happen too fast to me too, but if we're both together, we'll make it.