21.

~•~•~•~𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮

~•~•~•~
𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮.
~•~•~•~

Cato pulls away from the kiss, but I want more. I don't want this feeling to leave me, I want to feel this way for the rest of my life. The warmth and tenderness of being loved by the one I love the most.

He touches his forehead to mine and we stand like that, looking at each other. I'm out of breath and so is Cato, but feeling his warm breath is something that gives me safety. At times like these, that's all that matters.

"I think you just found out how I feel," Cato says breathlessly. I smile and rub my nose against his.

"I can't believe it..." I say softly. Then, Cato glimpses my lips and without being able to hold back, he places his lips on mine again. The feeling that I'm the one who can tempt Cato fills me with even more excitement.

I can hear my own heartbeat as our lips meet. The shivers running through my whole body are something I can't describe in words, but as I said a moment ago: I don't want it to stop. Cato's hands tangle in my hair, and I begin to realize what this incredible feeling is all about.

Hunger. I'm hungry for more of it. I want to feel him closer and closer to me, like when we were the night before the Games. I want to be his. My desire is to live the rest of my life, basking in the knowledge that Cato Hadley's love is mine and mine alone.

Then, I pull away from the kiss, looking into his eyes until he says:

"You're mine, baby. And I'm yours."

This is it. This is what I've been missing to hear all this time. I can live with Cato not telling me he loves me because I know he does. I don't need to hear it, his actions speak louder than words.

"I'm yours and you're mine," I answer. When Cato hears it, he smiles as if that's all he needs to hear. Maybe our thinking is not as different as I thought. Maybe we just have a different way of showing our emotions.

We kiss once more but are finally interrupted.

"Alright, lovebirds!" Johanna screams and Cato and I both start laughing. "We have a plan to discuss!"

"You know sometimes I'm glad we're going to have to kill them," Cato tells me.

"Stop, don't talk like this," I scold him. "This is no joke, Cato. What will happen when we kill the rest of the tributes? I won't be the first person to shoot." I say.

"I know you wouldn't. But that's why I'm with you. I won't let anything happen to you," Cato answers. I smile at him gently and then kiss him one more time. I can't stop kissing him even though I know we should focus on other things.

~•~

"I have a plan," Beetee says when we are all gathered together. "Where do the other tributes feel safest? The jungle?"