15.

~•~•~•~𝑻𝒉𝒆 75𝒕𝒉 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝑮𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒔~•~•~•~

~•~•~•~
𝑻𝒉𝒆 75𝒕𝒉 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝑮𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒔
~•~•~•~

I open my eyes to a swirl of emotions, a dizzying mix of joy and dread. On the one hand, it was the best night of my life and I can't help but be happy, but on the other hand, now we have to go to the arena. I see the sleeping Cato, who looks so calm that it's almost like he won't have to fight for his life.

His peace, however, doesn't last long because Cinna bursts into the room and wakes him up.

"Come on, you two need to get up. Cato has to go get ready with his stylist," Cinna says.

"Can you give us two more minutes, please?" I'm asking because I want to say goodbye to Cato just in case. Cinna seems to understand me completely.

"Okay, but don't be late. You shouldn't be late for the arena," He replies and leaves the room. As if I would like to go there at all.

I turn to Cato who still looks sleepy but still gives me a warm smile. I immediately snuggle into him and he kisses my forehead. That's something that doesn't happen very often.

"Can't we go back to our last night?" He says in his sleepy voice. He sounds so sexy talking like that.

"I'd do anything to make it happen," I reply. He wraps his arms around me and kisses me gently and slowly on the lips.

"Come on, get dressed. I wouldn't want you walking around naked in the arena," He jokes. I kiss him once more.

"Well, why not? I thought you'd like it." Cato gives me a look and I laugh. "Okay, okay. I'll see you in the hovercraft, then."

"Yes. And then in the arena. I'll be waiting for you at the Cornucopia." From now, I'm getting the bad worry from the last year. Even if I know I'm not alone this time, I know that almost all of the tributes know how to fight and will head straight for the Cornucopia.

"Okay, I'll wait there," I say and start to get up.

Just as I'm getting dressed, I turn and look at Cato. I forgot the most important thing. I go back to him and before he can react, I kiss him ever so gently.

"I'll see you soon," I whisper and Cato smiles.

~•~

We board the hovercraft and this time I can barely see Cato from my seat. I'm sure they did it on purpose, even though they don't get any benefit out of it. Just to make me feel bad.

The doctor injected the tracking device into my left arm. Now they will always know where I am in the arena. I thought the same thing last year. Cinna managed to convince me to eat even though I had absolutely no desire to. I need energy, if I want to save Cato. Although, I had trouble walking this morning...