Chapter 5: On Sordid Mirth

Alessandra woke up...not in her bed once again, but at least this time the sun's unusual position was familiar. She had slept over with Terzo. The aching soreness between her thighs–reminding her of the night before. They both had definitely gotten carried away. The night was different than she ever expected it would be and even now, after having had a moment to process it all, wasn't sure how she felt about it.

The evening in general was completely unlike how she imagined a night with Terzo to be. There was no debauchery or crassness, instead there was warmth–like he cared and dare she say tenderness. Alessandra knew that ultimately he wanted the sex, and of course do to their circumstances she had to oblige him, but the way he took her, how gentle his touch was on her skin...how she felt in that moment–she felt she would succumb to his every whim. She felt the stroke of fingers gliding through her hair as she pulled herself up onto her elbows.

"Buongiorno bellissima." Terzo whispered gently into her ear.

"What time is it?" Alé asked, stretching and realizing she was still completely naked and needing to keep cover under the sheet..

"Just after 10." he yawned, sitting next to her in only a towel.

"10?! Fuck! I overslept. I was supposed to meet the group for breakfast this morning and go over the community outreach project we've been working on." she panicked, rubbing her face in her hands, partly frustrated and partly to wake up more.

"Oh–well, I will come with you, I have already showered. I think we forgot to um... get you a change of clothes though...did you want me to send a ghoul for some or something or?" Terzo offered. Alé was irritated with herself for not thinking this through more, she didn't really think she was going to go through with it but she did...the whole situation was already knocking her for a loop.

"Oh shit... I didn't even think about that. I, um...well I honestly wasn't sure we'd...I'd go through with it. Alé admitted.

"Oh but you did cara mia. I had you right here in this bed...where I intend to have you again tonight.." Alé swallowed hard and Terzo smiled. "... and again–at least the next couple of days, yes?"

"Oh right, I guess so." Alé said, resigning herself. He was right. They had already gone through with it. It could already be too late to turn back even if she wanted to and she had to do this for the sake of the church...didn't she? "I will call Liz and let her know I'm gonna be late."

"Well in that case..." Terzo said, his hand gliding up Alé's thigh.

"What are you doing?" she snapped.

"I figure– if you are already late anyway cara mia....well there is no use wasting the opportunity." Alé pushed Terzo off, wrapping the sheet from the bed around her and headed off into his bathroom to shower. Terzo was left in bed, his own towel tented with the promise of "could have beens", prepared to give up... for the time being.

The siblings waited patiently in the rectory for Alessandra to arrive. She had never been late to something before and only Liz knew why. As Ale appeared in the doorway there was an indiscriminate "finally" spouted by one of the siblings. She was annoyed but understood it was her own tardiness that had caused this issue.

"I am so very sorry I'm late. I completely overslept. It's inexcusable and it will not happen again."

"You're fine sister, we were all just discussing some of the things we thought might be helpful to the cause." Sister Blanche assured her. This sibling outreach project was Alé's, well for lack of a better word, baby. She wanted to make sure everything was in good standing.

"Oh good...good yes well. I think our next step should be to present this information and the ideas that Brother Dante noted last time to Sister Imperator." she said and all the siblings seemed to be in agreement. Ultimately they knew they were in good hands and she did have some great ideas to help the siblings gain more presence within the community.