Chapter 2 Ash's POV

The girls stopped singing immediately after they saw me, and their ears, tails and wings disappeared. "Guys, I want you to meet one of the new girls." I smiled and waved openly. "My name's Ash. It's nice to meet you all." I flicked a lock of my dark blue hair off my shoulder and touched my necklace to make sure it was still there. Ever since I was banished to the human world, I often find myself doing that.

 "I'm Applejack." (Sorry, guys, I figured you all new what the mane 5-6 looked like so I didn't describe them) "That's Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Flutter Shy and Pinkie Pie. Which school did you come from?" 

"I um...I was homeschooled. How did you guys do all that...tail and ears and wings thingy?"

I'd only seen us sirens do it... 

"Magic!" Rainbow Dash cried out. 

I had the feeling she was very extroverted. And by very, I mean very with a capital v. 

"Umm...cool. What's your band called?" Pinkie Pie let out a few bangs on her drums. "Drum roll...The Rain Booms!"

"Are you going to sign up?"

I shrugged. Knowing my sister, we were definitely signing up. "Probably. Most likely."

My phone rang and I saw Adagio calling me. 

"Umm...I hate to go. It was nice meeting you all. By the way, were we supposed to pay you for the tour?" I asked Sunset.

Sunset laughed and looked thoroughly surprised. 

"Of course not!"

I sighed in relief and waved as I left. The classes were pretty boring, but I knew Adagio was planning something by the look on her face. We met up at the cafeteria's front entrance. 

"We need to turn this 'show' into a competition. Follow my lead." 

 Aria crossed her arms. "Or my lead. I'm better."

Adagio turned back and grabbed Aria by the collar. "My lead."

I scowled. "Or my lead." 

Adagio snorted and turned back to open the door.

"Follow my little sister's lead?!" She laughed.

I rolled my eyes, but sang anyway.

 "What's wrong with a little competition?" 

(sorry guys I will not put the whole song cuz I don't know it...)

"You can be the star..."

I had to admit, I definitely was more comfortable with Adagio leading. Probably more comfortable than I would be with Aria. Way more comfortable than I would be with Sonata. Green mist floated into our necklaces, and I somehow felt both guilt and relief at finally being full of energy. Well, not completely full, but fuller than I had been in ages. I took a deep breath in and took a seat next to my sisters in an isolated corner of the cafeteria. 

"Why aren't they affected by our spell?" Sonata asked, pointing at the mane 6-5.

Adagio turned back and gave me a suspicious look. "Weren't those girls the ones you were watching play? Are they magic?" 

Aria raised an eyebrow and Sonata stared. My heart was threatening to burst out of my chest. I felt like the Rain Booms were the closest I had to friends, but at the same time I knew Adagio would want an answer.

"Adagio, they're my friends."

Adagio stood up and was practically towering over me. "Didn't I tell you not to make friends here so you didn't get 'attached' to anyone? Those girls aren't your friends. You just met them. They don't even care about you. They were just being nice because they had to. Are you a siren or an idiot? It's enough you took my necklace- don't waste it too."

Sonata and Aria laughed, then all three of them left. I buried my face in my palms. Since Adagio was the oldest, she was originally supposed to be given the most powerful necklace of the four of us. However, someone mixed up the necklaces and accidentally gave Adagio's to me. Which makes me have the most powerful necklace. It doesn't really matter though, since Adagio and the others are still better then me, both because they're older and because they practice more. I watched Sunset, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Apple Jack, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie leave the cafeteria and felt Adagio's words ringing in my head. Were they really just being nice to me because they had to? Did they really not care about me? Sunset paused before she left and gave me a weird look. My heart pounded when she turned away and left. She probably really doesn't care about me. Adagio was right. They aren't my friends.