Chapter 13 Ash's POV

I watched as Principle Celestia announced that tomorrow, the Rainbooms and the Dazzlings would play against each other. Just before school finished, me and my sisters went to talk to Trixie. Well, I just hung around in the back and let them do the talking. Mostly, I zoned out, but I heard Trixie laughing evilly and knew something bad would happen tomorrow. Everybody knew that Trixie was angry she hadn't moved onto the semi-finals, but I didn't think she would go to extreme measures, like stopping the Rainbooms entirely from getting to their set. When I got home, I made dinner, then went to my bed. Aria called me down to eat, but I told her I wasn't hungry. Sonata was just happy she got more to eat. I fell asleep unsure whether I should be more worried or more apprehensive. Adagio woke us all up early.

"This is it girls. The day we make a move to take over this world."

I blinked sleepily at Adagio. "What if I would rather sleep in than take over the world? What if I don't want to rule everybody? What if that sounds terribly boring to me?"

Adagio opened her mouth to respond when Sonata slipped and crashed into a counter. Milk and water spilled everywhere. Adagio looked like she was trying to stay calm but was failing. I jumped up from my seat.

"I'll help you." I started cleaning everything up with paper towels. Sonata stared at me, confused.

"Why would you help me? You might get late for school."

I shrugged. "School can wait. An Adagio that is about to explode cannot wait. Literally." 

Sonata and Aria chuckled, then went silent, both of them gaping. Uh oh. I noticed that I had ears, a tail, and wings. I paused in the middle of reaching for another paper towel and waved.

"Hi."

Adagio turned around and gaped. "Hi?! Hi?!"

I nodded at her. "Hi. Are you okay? You look like you're in danger of a heart attack. Are you feeling alright?"

"YOU'RE AN ELEMENT OF HARMONY?! AND A SIREN AT THE SAME TIME?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!"

I smiled brightly at her. "A plus! Where's our teacher when we need her?"

"HOW LONG HAVE YOU KNOWN?!"

I shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe a day or two?"

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!"

"Wow, you look really mad."

"OF COURSE I'M MAD!"

I touched one pony ear. Talk about a bad start for my morning.