Chapter 12 Ash's POV

Talk about a long night! Adagio pestered me the entire time.  And today was the semi-finals. Me and my sisters made our way to the hall, with me trailing behind. Adagio signaled for us to stop, but I couldn't see why since I was in the back. 

"You're never going to get away with this." I heard a familiar voice speak. I couldn't put my finger on who it was.

"Why? Because you didn't?" Adagio asked. My confusion grew.

"Oh yes, we know all about you. You have quite the reputation here." Adagio added. My mind was practically screaming, WHO?!  

"I'm in a better place now!" Okay, but WHO ARE YOU?!

"Waiting in the wings, while your friends play?"

 Now I felt really frustrated. Could someone finally tell me who my sisters were talking to?

"At least I'm not a monster like you! Like all of you!" 

It finally clicked in my head just as Adagio stepped aside. "All of us hm?" Adagio asked Sunset Shimmer.

 My heart was thumping painfully as I took a small step back. Adagio's eyes flashed, then she and my sisters started to walk away.

"Wait- I didn't mean it like that!" Sunset said.

I couldn't look up and ran after my sisters instead. Sonata, Me, Adagio, and Aria sat in the stadiums to watch. Well, they didn't really care about the other performances aside from the Rainbooms. I watched Rainbow Dash come on stage with the others, feeling a mixture of apprehension, excitement, and hurt as the song started.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey

Awesome as I wanna be
Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey
Awesome as I wanna be

First, you see me ridin' on a sonic boom
Got my guitar shreddin' up my latest tune
There is nothin' you can do to beat me
I'm so good that you can't defeat me

Yeah, I'm awesome, take caution
Watch out for me, I'm awesome as I wanna be
(Yeah) I'm awesome, take caution
Watch out for me, I'm awesome as I wanna be

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey

Step aside now, you're just gettin' in my way
I got sick chops you could never hope to play
When it comes to makin' music, I'm the ruler
You wish you could be twenty percent cooler

Yeah, I'm awesome, take caution
Watch out for me, I'm awesome as I wanna be
(Yeah) I'm awesome, take caution
Watch out for me, I'm awesome as I wanna be!"

Adagio looked less bored when Rainbow Dash started to pony up, and she leaned forward, finally interested. At the last minute, Sunset Shimmer jumped from the wings, knocking Rainbow down. The crowd started booing at Sunset while my sisters laughed, then made their way to the wings to get ready for the song, since we were playing the semi-finals now. Adagio paused, then handed me her microphone.

"We won't be singing this time. You can sing alone this time. It'll be good for you," Adagio shrugged, then added, "You're getting older now, after all."

I blinked, surprised, just as the curtains opened. My sisters sat down in the crowd to watch. My heart beat quickened. I took a deep breath, then started singing. (I used the Ever After High song for this. Ever After High has complete ownership of the following song.)

"Oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh, whoa, oh, ohI know a place to go
That no one else will know
You and me discovering
Another world (another world)Take my hand, run with me
We're fallin' down, we're feelin' free
We can be anything
We want to beHere we go
Here we go
Here we goDo you wonder if you look inside?
Do you wonder? Maybe we could fly
Do you wonder what we could be
What we could see? Yeah, yeah
Do you wonder? 'Cause you'll never know
Do you wonder what is possible?
Do you wonder what we could be?
Come to wonderland with meWe are on a thrilling ride
We just can't believe our eyes
You and me discovering
Another world (another world)Trust me now, don't be afraid
I promise you it's worth the wait
We can see everything
We've never seen, never seenDo you wonder if you look inside?
Do you wonder? Maybe we could fly
Do you wonder what we could be
What we could see? Yeah, yeah
Do you wonder? 'Cause you'll never know
Do you wonder what is possible? (Ever after)
Do you wonder what we could be? (Ever after)
Come to wonderland with mecome to wonderland with me
(Ooh) come to wonderland with me."

Green mist was flooding the room, making me flood with guilt. I had done this. People were fighting because of me. I stepped off stage with a heavy heart.

"Not bad." Adagio said. I could tell that was the most of a compliment I would get. I felt happy, then immediately felt bad when I saw the fights breaking out in the stadium.

"Not bad? It's perfect. We're getting more energy than we use! That was better singing than you, Adagio." Aria pointed out.

"It's only because of her necklace. Which was supposed to be mine, mind you." Adagio retorted.

Aria rolled her eyes. "Yeah right. Keep fooling yourself. With Ash, we'll definitely win the Battle of the Bands."

Adagio put her hands on her hips. "I suppose there's some truth in that."

I felt sick by the time me and my sisters left. Without my help, they might not win. But...can I really betray them like that?