Chapter 11 Ash's POV

Adagio was driving home with a very annoyed expression. And let me tell you, I have seen a lot of annoyed expressions from Adagio.

"Do you have a death wish?! NOBODY IN THE WORLD DAYDREAMS WHILE CROSSING A STREET THEY DON'T EVEN NEED TO CROSS!" Adagio said.

"Based on my knowledge of you, sitting here silently ends up being the best possibility of me living. Maybe I do have a death wish, since I live with you, Adagio. And maybe I have a death wish for saying that too." I mumbled. 

Apparently, Adagio has super hearing because she heard me anyway. 

"A DEATH WISH IS-" Adagio looked to angry to respond.

Aria yawned as if she found the whole conversation boring and childish.

Adagio parked the car and everyone got out. I ran up to my room and shut the door behind me. I dug around in my bag a bit before pulling out a notebook. It was mint green and dark blue, with a passcode on the front of it. Someone knocked on the door.

"I'm doing my homework." I called back.

"We weren't given any homework today." Aria responded.

Oops. "Err...last week's homework." I tried to fix my mistake.

"We weren't at school last week." 

I groaned. Leave it to Aria to outsmart me. 

"Imaginary homework doesn't count either." Aria added.

"It's- it's-ugh fine. What do you want?" I asked. The sooner I got her busy with something else, the sooner she would go away.

"Dinner's ready. And tomorrow, it's your turn to make dinner."

I rolled my eyes. "I thought it was Sonata's turn?"

"Sonata's cooking is horrible. Last time, she made marshmallow chicken. Marshmallow burnt chicken." Aria responded drily.

"So you made dinner tonight?" I asked, trying to bore her so much she walked away.

Aria opened the door instead. "Yes, I made dinner."

"I'll come eat in an hour." I said, determined to stay in my room for as long as possible.

"30."

"45."

"40."

"50."

"45, if you can beat me in an arm wrestle." Aria said.

"50 if I can beat you." Beating Aria was about as likely as getting a bear to eat paper, so I knew she wouldn't mind 50 minutes.

"Deal." 

Surprisingly, I won the arm wrestle. I was shocked myself.

"You were just lucky." Aria persisted.

"Right. And hedgehogs fly. I'll see you in 50 minutes."

Aria smirked. "I never said 50 minutes. I just said 50. I meant 50 seconds."

I moaned inwardly. Like I said, leave Aria to outsmart me. This was going to be a long night.