Chapter 15 Ash's POV

Adagio drove us all to school, where we saw the Rainbooms practicing. They sounded good, although I guessed none of my sisters thought the same thing. From a distance, we watched as Trixie and her friends stepped on stage and said something. One of Trixie's friends pulled a lever and the ground dropped away beneath the Rainbooms. I barely stopped myself from gasping and I took a small step back. 

"Told you someone would give them a shove." Adagio said smugly.

"She didn't shove them. She pulled a lever." Sonata looked so confused I actually felt bad for her. Adagio groaned and face palmed herself. 

"Go back to sleep, Sonata." Aria grumbled.

I stared past them at the stage, partly wondering why there was a deep underground room beneath the stage anyway, and also wondering how the Rainbooms would be able to beat my sisters- err perform if they were trapped under a stage. I'd seen Twilight's pet dog, Spike, try to escape, but fall in with the others. The Rainbooms would need a miracle if they were going to play tonight. A miracle that I hoped someone would give, and fast, before it was too late. I turned to Adagio and only hesitated for a second.

"Isn't it kind of...mean to trap people under a stage just so we can win a competition?" I asked.

"We didn't do anything to them." Aria pointed out.

"Exactly." Adagio seemed distracted, as if something else was bothering her.

"But we practically told Trixie to get rid of them!"

"Not really." Sonata said, still looking confused about the 'shove' thing.

I decided to give up on trying to explain it to them. As long as they didn't want to hear it, they would never listen. The finals were tonight, and there was no more time to worry and procrastinate. I had to chose. My family, or the fright thing? Which was the right thing to do? I swallowed and felt myself shake a little. I steadied myself and took a deep breath. Finally, for the first time in a while, I knew what I had to do.

***

I hurried to the door and shoved it open, panting. I had to wait until night time, but I had finally found the time to release the Rainbooms.

"Hurry! I don't have much time, since me and my sisters are going on soon." I told the Rainbooms.

"You're still going to help them? We'll have to play against you." Twilight said.

I looked down and sighed. "I'm sorry."

"Well, thanks for freeing us anyway, but we've got some sirens to beat! Err...sorry." Rainbow Dash added the last part sheepishly.

"We're gonna be saving the world here. I say we should do it in style. Rarity?" Applejack turned to Rarity.

"I thought you'd never ask!" Rarity exclaimed happily.

I felt a little -okay no, a lot- awkward, so I backed away and left. My sisters were already backstage.

"Where were you?" Adagio asked me.

I considered lying, but Adagio could always tell when I was lying. 

"I was freeing the Rainbooms." For once, I refused to back down and stood straight and tall.

"You did WHAT?!"

The curtains pulled open and Adagio turned away and started singing.

"Welcome to show.

We're here to let you know,

Our time is now,

Your time is running out."

I spotted the Rainbooms getting ready on a hill nearby. A girl with blue hair and headphones turned her car into a stage and I wasn't sure if it was just me, but I thought I heard Rainbow Dash yelling the word awesome. I kept singing and tried to ignore how sick I felt.

"Feel the wave of sound,

As it crashes down,

You can't turn away, 

We'll make you wanna stay-ay,"

I swallowed back panic as we hovered above the floor and got swallowed by red magic. For some reason, my magic was dark blue and mint green, while my sister's were red. My necklace was also glowing dark blue and mint. When it fell away, they had siren wings, tails and ears. Meanwhile, I hovered above the ground with nothing on me. No equestrian features. Adagio looked annoyed, but didn't stop her song.

"Tell us that you want us,

We won't be ignored,

It's time for our reward,

Now you need us,

Come and heed us,

Nothing can stop us nowwwww."

Adagio and my sisters winced, and I looked up to see the Rainbooms singing. Instead of pain, I felt power burst through my veins.

"So the Rainbooms want to turn this into a real battle of the bands? Then let's battle.

What we have in store,

All we want and more,

We will break on through,

Now it's time to finish you!"

My heart really stopped beating for a minute when Adagio, Sonata, and Aria had sirens float out of them. Their eyes were red, and finally, after all of my worrying, and despite how sick and scared I felt, I knew that no matter the danger, no matter the fear, the right thing would always be the light that glowed through every cloud, every shadow, every dark thing in this universe. Maybe that was why I was selflessness. Because I would do anything for the right thing. I jumped off stage and ran to where the Rainbooms were staring wide-eyed at the sirens in front of them. I reached for the magic inside me, and felt my ears, tail, and wings appear. My wings were still that of a siren's, but they were dark blue and sea green instead of light purple.

"Traitor!"

 Adagio screeched from her siren form, then sang red soundwaves. I felt my own sea green siren appear and block Adagio's soundwave. Sonata and Aria joined in with Adagio, and both Sunset Shimmer and Twilight started singing again with me. The rest of the Rainbooms started singing and playing too, and all of our singing joined together. All of the Rainbooms and me got lifted into the air and magic rose from each of us, then turned into a massive, rainbow-colored unicorn.