Chapter 3 Adagio's POV

Classes here at Canterlot High are so boring. Somehow, Sonata snuck a taco from the cafeteria and tried to eat it in class. I told her she was an idiot and to put it away, and guess what? I GOT DETENTION FOR TRYING TO SAVE MY MASSIVE IDIOT OF A SISTER. And another guess what? ARIA GOT DETENTION TOO AND NOW I'M STUCK HERE LISTENING TO HER COMPLAIN BECAUSE SHE ISN'T ALLOWED TO LISTEN TO MUSIC IN DETENTION. CAN EITHER OF THEM REALLY BE MORE STUPID?! 

"This is your  fault, Adagio." Aria moaned for the hundredth time. 

At least the person supposed to be monitoring us was asleep.

"MY fault? I'm not the idiot who brought a stupid taco in class and tried to eat it in front of the teacher."

"Hey! I thought I could just sing to him if he got mad!" Sonata replied from the back of the room. I had specifically asked to be at the front so I could be as far as I could from them. Well, I had actually said, "I can't bear to sit next to those stupid idiots, not after they were such oafs they got me in detention." Thankfully, the detention teacher just let us sit where we want.  

"We're supposed to be taking over this school, and yet here you are getting us in DETENTION?! YOU CAN'T SING TO SOMEONE TO LET YOU EAT A TACO IN CLASS!"

Sonata looked confused. "Why not?"

I groaned. "Because you're an idiot."

Sonata looked at me curiously. "I think that's the word you've said most in this conversation."

I clenched my hands into fists. "SHUT UP. WHY DO ALL OF MY SISTERS HAVE TO BE IDIOTS?!"

Sonata smiled happily and clapped her hands. "See? You said it again! I bet if you had friends you'd probably say their idiots and they wouldn't want to be friends with you anymore!" 

Aria rolled her eyes. "And now you're dead." She told Sonata.

I sat up. "Actually...your stupid comment might have actually been useful. It's genius!"

Sonata grinned. "I know, I'm a genius! Wait I am? I thought I was an idiot. Isn't that-"

I raised one hand and waved it at Sonata. "Now you're just being stupid, shut up."

Aria crossed her arms and glared at Sonata. "I'm way smarter than her."

"No, you fools. I wasn't saying either of you were genius. I said my plan was genius."

Sonata nodded her head. "Oh, yeah! That makes sense! Your plan to say I'm a genius is genius!"

I didn't bother answering. Sonata is so stupid sometimes. "Aria, explain to the idiot what I meant. Unless you're an idiot too. I don't have patience for her," I said, pointing a thumb at Sonata.

Aria crossed her arms. "Why do I have to explain anything to her? She's like, the worst."

Sonata glared at Aria. "No I'm not! You are for calling me the worst!"

I stood up and gave them a look that made them go quiet. An alarm rang on the sleeping teacher's phone and he sat up. "Huh? Oh yeah. Your detention is uh over."

I rolled my eyes. "Finally. I think the real punishment was being stuck with those two."

The teacher didn't say anything because he had fallen asleep. I waved my hand at the girls. 

"Come on. Follow my lead."

Aria smirked. "My lead is better."

I grabbed her collar. "My lead."

Sonata shrugged and started eating a taco. "What are we even going to do?"

I turned back to her. "We're going to make sure Ash doesn't forget we're her only friends. If she gets to attached, she'll refuse to help us. Without her, we can't be sure of winning. She has my necklace after all."

Sonata put a finger on her chin. "Technically it's her necklace, since she wears t and uses it."

I gave her an icy look. "My necklace."

Aria shrugged and started listening to music. I found the mane 6-5 in the gym. Twilight scowled at us.

"We know you three are sirens. We're not going to let you win the battle of the bands."

I laughed. "How? With your equestrian magic? With your ears and tails and wings?"

Ash hadn't actually told me about that- I'd seen it while walking past the room they were practicing in. The idiots had windows in their doors. If they were going to keep it a secret, shouldn't they have been smart enough to cover the windows? I mean, really?

Rainbow Dash looked shocked. "How did you know?" 

Aria leaned forward. "Ash is our sister, Rain Goons."

Sunset Shimmer gaped. "But...I thought she was our friend..."

Sonata fanned herself. "She tells us, like, everything."

I smirked. "She's a siren. What did you expect?" 

All three of us walked out, laughing. 

Sonata raised an eyebrow when we left. "Why did we do that again? It was fun, but why?"

I face palmed myself. "You are such a moron, Sonata. Aria explain everything to her."

 Aria glowered at me. "Why me?"

I sighed. "Because Sonata is so idiotic I can't bear to talk to her."

"Hey! I'm right here."

"Ugh. Sonata, you are the worst." Aria replied.

Sonata looked daggers at her. "I am not! You are!" She retorted.

"BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP!" I yelled. 

We were halfway down the corridor, but people still gave us weird looks. I gave them looks back and they turned away. Ash was watching at the end of the hallway and brightened when she saw the Rain Booms leave their training room. My frown turned upside down and I pulled the others behind a row of lockers to watch.

"Hey guys!" Ash called. 

None of the girls turned to respond to her and just held still, their backs turned to her. 

"Umm...is something wrong?"

None of them replied. 

"Guys? Why are you ignoring me?"

Sunset Shimmer turned around and I saw Ash's face turn to confusion.

"We're not 'responding' because you lied to us! You manipulated and deceived us! You pretended to be our friend, when all you were doing was learning about our magic. You're a siren! A monster!"

Ash looked hurt now. 

"But..." 

The mane 6-5 turned and walked away. Ash looked like she was close to tears.

I came our from behind the shadows and put a hand on Ash's shoulder. 

"I told you. They found out you were a siren and hate you now. They called you a monster. And you tried to defend them? They would have used you." I whispered in her ear. 

Unexpectedly, Ash turned around and hugged me. 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I doubted you guys. They hate me now. I'm sorry."

 I stood there awkwardly not sure what to do. I definitely had not thought this would happen. Sonata laughed silently and Aria stuck her tongue out at me. I gave them a death stare and they both stopped. After a few seconds, I hugged her back, but ONLY FOR ONE SECOND I SWEAR I DID IT TO GET HER OFF OF ME. Okay maybe a small part of me did it because I felt bad for her, wait no what am I thinking? I DID IT TO MAKE HER STOP HUGGING ME. Mostly. No, completely. Ugh, Aria and Sonata are going to tease me forever. 

"Okay just get off me now. People are staring. You're going to give me a bad reputation." 

Ash giggled and stopped hugging me. That's my little sister to you. Who I totally did not hug because I felt bad for her. Mostly. UGH NOT AGAIN.