Chapter 14 Ash's POV

Surprisingly, Adagio liked my pony-up. Unsurprisingly, she found it as the key to help us win the competition. 

"But I don't want to win! Do you even care about my opinion? Because I feel like you don't." I said sharply. 

Adagio blinked at me.

"Of course I care about your opinion. You're just not old enough to make big decisions like this."

I crossed my arms, scowling at Adagio. "So that's your excuse?"

"You call that an excuse?" Adagio demanded.

"Uh oh." Sonata said quietly. Aria waved one hand to make Sonata shut up.

"I want to see who will win the argument." Aria whispered.

"Of course Adagio will win." Sonata replied breezily, then looked a little guilty when I shot her a look. Adagio looked satisfied as I stalked out of the room. I still couldn't win against my sister, despite everything. Even if I decided to help the Rainbooms, would I really be any help if I couldn't even win an argument against my sister? After all, the Battle of the Bands would be much worse than an argument. Wouldn't I just be a burden? Then the worst thought of all came. Could I really stand against whatever Adagio did after the Battle of the Bands? Or would I crumble weakly and back away just like I did now? 

(By the way, sorry this chapter is so short but my homework is piling high and I will make the next one longer)