Chapter 3: Mr. Perfectly Fine ★

Ronnie's POV

"Hey, Ronnie," Joel nudged me lightly with his arm. "Good morning."

I groaned and turned to peak at my alarm clock. It read 6 a.m. 

I had spent the weekend recovering from the breakup. Joel and Luke had made sure to spend time with me over the weekend to help me move on. 

It was a weird feeling though. I thought I loved Asher. But thinking about it now, I don't think I ever truly loved him. 

It was as if I was put under a spell while I was with him. 

But now, I have to face him. Today was Monday, and I would have to see Asher at school for the first time since the breakup. 

"I don't want to get up," I groaned, flipping onto my other side and cuddling into my blanket. 

"C'mon sleepy head," Joel said, as he gently took away my blanket and began folding it. "You can't avoid him. Might as well face him. Besides, I'm going to be with you for most of the day today."

"I guess you're right," I admitted. "Alright, alright, I'm getting up."

"Good, good. I'll meet you for breakfast downstairs." 

"Okay," I said, as I stood up from my bed. I first went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, and washed my face. I returned to my room and went to my closet to choose my outfit for the day. 

I chose a simple beige hoodie along with my favorite pair of jeans. I stood in front of my mirror and brushed my hair out. I put on some simple jewelry, then made my way downstairs for breakfast.

"Hey sis," I heard Luke say as I made my way down the stairs. 

"Hey, Luke. Good morning," I said. 

"Mom and Dad already left for work. I left you some breakfast on the table," Joel said, who was facing the stove, flipping a pancake.

"Thank you!" I said, I excitedly sat down. Pancakes were my favorite breakfast. It's no coincidence that today out of all days Joel decided to make them. 

Joel finished making the pancakes, and we all had a nice breakfast together discussing our plans for the day. 

After we finished eating, we made our way to school. Joel and I were finishing up our sophomore year of high school, while Luke was finishing up middle school. Our high school was near the middle school, so we walked together in the mornings. 

When Joel and I got to school, we still has twenty minutes to spare before our first class. 

"Hey, I have to get something from my locker," Joel said. "Come with me?" 

"Of course." I followed my brother to his locker and waited patiently as he turned the lock to the right combination. I heard it click, and he opened the blue locker's door.

"Alright give me a minute here," he said, searching his locker for whatever it was he needed.

As I waited patiently, I heard a familiar voice echo through the hallway. I turned around to see who the familiar voice belonged to.

Asher. 

"Yeah, of course, babe!" I heard him say. His arm was around a beautiful blonde girl.

What? How could he have already moved on so fast? 

I watched from a distance and saw him lean in for a kiss.

And my heart began to break all over again.

"Got it!" Joel said.

"Hey! Joel! Ronnie!" a voice echoed.