Chapter 23: The Story of Us ★

Ronnie's POV:

As I sat behind the table at the meet and greet before my show, a wave of excitement and nerves washed over me. Fans lined up eagerly, clutching their albums and posters, waiting for their turn to meet me. Their smiles and anticipation filled the room, adding to the energy that crackled in the air.

The Speak Now World Tour has been successful all over the world. We were set to visit 76 cities in 17 countries, with tickets already sold out in each one. But one of my favorite parts of the tour was to meet the fans, see all the lives I had inspired, and hear everyone's stories.

I used to think one day we'd tell the story of us

How we met, and the sparks flew instantly

People would say they're the lucky ones

I used to know my place was a spot next to you

Now I'm searching the room for an empty seat

'Cause lately I don't even know what page you're on

The line moved steadily, each fan sharing their stories, their love for my music, and their admiration for me. I listened intently, signing autographs and posing for pictures, grateful for their unwavering support. But amidst the laughter and joy, one fan's question struck a chord deep within me.

A young woman with bright eyes and a warm smile approached the table, clutching a copy of my album. "Hi Ronnie, it's such an honor to meet you," she gushed, her voice filled with excitement. "I have a question for you. Is there someone special in your life who inspired all those beautiful love songs, especially 'Sparks Fly'? You're so lucky to find someone you love."

Her words hung in the air, and for a moment, time seemed to stand still. My heart skipped a beat, and my mind raced back to the memories of Tanner, the person who had indeed inspired those songs. But I reminded myself that we weren't together anymore and that reality pierced through my thoughts like a sharp needle.

I hesitated for a moment, searching for the right words, but the truth felt too raw, too vulnerable to share at this moment. "Thank you for your kind words," I replied, my voice steady despite the whirlwind of emotions inside me. "Right now, I'm not with anyone. But love has a way of finding us when we least expect it, doesn't it?"

The fan nodded, a touch of disappointment flickering in her eyes. "Yes, it does. I hope you find someone who makes your heart sing again."

A bittersweet smile graced my lips as I signed her album. "Thank you. It means a lot."

As the meet and greet continued, my attention should have been focused on the fans before me, but my thoughts kept drifting back to Tanner. The memories of our time together flooded my mind, the laughter, the late-night conversations, and the way he made me feel alive. But life had taken us in different directions, and we had chosen to part ways.

I couldn't help but wonder if I had made the right decision. Was I letting go of something special? Was it possible that we could find our way back to each other? These questions swirled within me, leaving a sense of longing and uncertainty.

Oh, a simple complication

Miscommunications lead to fall out

So many things that I wish you knew

So many walls up, I can't break through