Chapter 15: I Can See You ★

Ronnie's POV:

"Alright, so what were you thinking?" Maddie asked as the rest of my team remained quiet, ready to listen to my ideas. We were ready to start working on my sophomore album, but my team wanted to see what ideas I could come up with.

"Well, I thought about it a lot. I think I want to do an album featuring more sentimental and heartfelt songs."
"Even more sentimental?" The voice made me lose my breath. I turned towards it, finding Tanner looking back at me. "I honestly didn't know it was possible! Your songs are already so vulnerable."

"Yeah, but I definitely could be more vulnerable."

"Are you sure? That sounds like it could be both a good and bad idea at the same time." Maddie warned me.

"Well I was thinking about what could make me unique as an artist," I said, fidgeting with my fingers. "And I think, it should be the fact that my songs are so vulnerable, and based on my personal experiences."
"Well she has a point," Maddie said to Tanner. He nodded in agreement.

"Alright, so have you started writing any songs?" Maddie asked Tanner and me.

"Well, we have a couple of drafts, but nothing finalized," Tanner responded, looking back at me.

"That's perfectly fine," Maddie said. "Take your time. Right now is the perfect time for Ronnir to stay quiet and away from the spotlight now that she finished her interviews. It'll have the fans remaining in suspense, wondering what's next."

"Alright," I said. "That sounds good. I'm constantly writing songs so it shouldn't be a problem to have some new ones soon."

"That's great!" Maddie cheered, gesturing her arms in the air. "Well, I think we went over everything," she said, flipping through her notes, making sure she had not forgotten something.

You brush past me in the hallway

And you don't think I-I-I can see ya, do ya?

I've been watching you for ages

And I spend my time trying not to feel it

Ever since the kiss, Tanner and I had been great. He had taken me out for coffee several times, and we had sweet moments. We're getting to know each other. And it really makes me happy, how much Tanner wants to do this right. We both had our fair share of bad relationships and we just want to be right for each other.

But seeing him almost every day at the studio, waiting and waiting for something to happen is frustrating. I desperately want him to make a move, to tell me that he wants to be with me.

But that doesn't seem to ever happen. And I'm scared if I make a move, it'll just scare him off. He wants to take it slow.

But every time I see him, I desperately just want to go to him and tell him how I honestly feel. I want to tell him that we should be together. But something seems to stop me every time. I tried to stop my feelings, trying to convince myself that I'm trying to speed things along too fast. But for some reason, my heart doesn't seem to agree.

But what would you do if I went to touch ya now?

What would you do if they never found us out?

What would you do if we never made a sound?

'Cause I can see you waiting down the hall from me