Chapter 6: Jump Then Fall ★

Ronnie's POV:

I like the way you sound in the morning

We're on the phone and without a warning

I realize your laugh is the best sound

I have ever heard

I like the way I can't keep my focus

I watch you talk, you didn't notice

I hear the words but all I can think is

We should be together

Every time you smile, I smile

And every time you shine, I'll shine for you

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I rubbed her eyes and looked at the caller ID. It was John. I smiled and answered the phone.

"Good morning," John said.

"Good morning," I replied.

"How did you sleep?" John asked.

"I slept well," I said. "How about you?"

"I slept well too," John said. "I just wanted to call and say good morning."

"Thank you," I said. "That's very sweet of you."

We talked for a few more minutes, talking about our plans for the day while sharing jokes about our teachers. Every time I heard his laugh, I would get the same butterfly feeling in my stomach.

Eventually, we finished talking. I got out of bed and got ready for school, feeling happy and excited about what the day would bring.

Whoa, oh, I'm feeling you, baby

Don't be afraid to jump then fall

Jump then fall into me

Baby, I'm never gonna leave you

Say that you wanna be with me too

'Cause I'ma stay through it all

So jump then fall

Joel's POV

It was the morning after Ronnie's first date with John. I was up early preparing breakfast. 

I was nervous to hear about the date. I'm hoping it went well.

Our parents leave for work very early in the morning, so usually, I am the one making breakfast for everyone. 

As I cooked eggs and bacon, I thought about Ronnie and how happy she had been lately. I want her to find someone who would treat her right and make her happy.

I finished preparing one plate of eggs and bacon and gave it to Luke, who was surprisingly ready earlier today. He was probably just as nervous as I was. 

I finally hear Ronnie heading down the stairs. I turn around and smile. "Good morning," I said. 

"Good morning Joel! Good morning Luke," Ronnie replied, with a bright smile on her face.

"How did your date go?" Luke asked. 

"It was amazing," Ronnie said. "John is so sweet and kind. We had a great time."