Chapter 13: Love Story ★

Year: 2010

Ronnie's POV: 

After performing in over 54 cities and 118 performances, I finished the Fearless Tour. The people I met along the way, and the stories I've learned, changed me, for the better.

Since I finished my tour, I returned home to Joel and Luke, and I would work by meeting up with my team and writing some songs. I would also do interviews and consider promotion deals from businesses that are interested in partnering with me.

While in the studio, I was working with my team to plan out my schedule, while also brainstorming ideas for my next album.

"Maybe you should think about the meaning of your album," my manager, Maddie, suggested. "Try and figure out what exactly you want your fans to learn from your album."

"That's a good point," I said, jotting a couple of notes down. "I think, I want this album to be really honest. I want listeners to hear a song and think they just read a page out of my diary."

"Ooh that's good," Tanner said, a songwriter on my team. "Listeners will be able to relate to your songs. It's good, you have a realistic yet vulnerable style of singing."

"I guess I do," I said, as I smiled. "I don't know, it's something I've always just done, I guess. When I was in high school, I used my music to just process what I was feeling. I never really wrote songs that had no purpose to them."

"Yeah, I get that," Tanner said, jotting some notes down as well. 

"And that's good," Maddie said. "It sets you apart from other artists. It makes you stand out. Not many songwriters can write the types of songs you do."

"Yeah, I guess high school was useful after all," I laughed. 

"I don't know, high school can be a dark place," my second songwriter, Liv said. 

"Ditto to that," Tanner grinned. "I never want to go back there."

"Yeah, and it's still all fresh in my mind guys, at least you guys had some time to forget," I said, as my team laughed.

"Alright, 25 ain't a bad age, Ronnie," Liv laughed, putting her arms up in defense. 

"Yeah Ronnie, and I'm only two years older than you," Tanner said, putting his hand on his chest acting offended.

"Wow Tanner, you're old," I said, trying my best to hold back my laughter. Maddie busted out laughing, as Liv joined her.

"What are you laughing at Maddie? You're practically almost retired!" Tanner said.

"I'm not even thirty!" Maddie exclaimed as we all burst into laughter.

"Let's just agree that we're all young and move on," I suggested, wiping a tear from laughing so hard. "What's upcoming on my schedule?"

"Maddie opened her planner and scanned the page to find what would be occupying my time. "You have an interview in New York, you're flying out tonight."

"Oh yes, that. I'm already packed. I just don't know which song to perform after the interview. Any ideas?" I asked as I looked at my team.

"I love how you perform 'Change," Liv said. "It makes me cry every time."

"I know, but I kind of wanted to give one of my other songs a chance to shine. I was thinking about 'Love Story."

"Oh yes, that would work," Maddie said. "That's one of your most successful songs on the album. 

"Yeah, I think I'll perform that one then."

"All right, I'll let the network know. They might want to ask questions about the meaning, so prepare for that," Maddie warned.