Chapter 12: Change ★

Ronnie's POV:

After I broke up with John, I continued to focus on my music and began working on my debut album, Fearless.

The album was a huge success. It topped the charts and broke records. It received rave reviews from critics and fans alike. 

I became a sensation overnight. I was invited to perform on TV shows, radio stations, and festivals. I got interviewed by magazines and podcasts. I got nominated for awards and accolades. 

And to promote my album, I went on tour. Something I had always dreamed of. I traveled all over the country, meeting new people and learning their stories.

I sang in front of thousands of fans, who sang along with my every word. I felt alive and happy.

I love being on tour, but it's also exhausting and stressful. I have to deal with long flights, jet lag, different time zones, and constant pressure. I have to perform every night, sometimes in multiple cities in a row. I have to smile and be polite to everyone, even when I'm tired or annoyed. I have to deal with the media, the fans, the critics, and the haters.

I also miss my brothers. We've always been close, and they've supported me through everything. They're proud of my success, but they also worry about me. They call me every day, but it's not the same as seeing them in person. They want to visit me on tour, but they have their own lives and responsibilities.

But despite all the mental struggles I had while on tour, I decided to fight. I performed each show with all my strength and all my passion.

I sang my songs with meaning in every word and told my story to millions of people around the country. 

"So," I said out loud to a crowd I was performing to. "I'm honestly in a really tough patch of my life right now."

"As you might have all heard, I've been in a car accident not too long ago. But that's not where my story starts."

"As most of you know, many of my songs are based on my relationships. And my last one, which was not too long ago, was overall a very toxic relationship. Instead of feeling loved and appreciated, I was constantly trying to prove that I was capable of being loved. That I was worthy."

"So one day, the day after my birthday to be exact, my twin brother, Joel, asked my parents to take me out for the day- and they took me to all of my favorite places around the city."

"And on our way home, our car was hit by a drunk driver. And, I was the only one to survive."

"The paramedics tried to save my parents, but they died on the scene. I watched my parents die right in front of me," I told the crowd, as tears filled my eyes. 

"And I felt guilty, because I told myself, 'If only you acted happier, no one would worry. They would still be here.' And a part of myself still blames me for my parents' death."

"My twin and I were granted co-custody over our little brother, Luke, whos right now a junior in high school. And I started releasing my music, hoping to get just enough money to help me and my brothers get by."

"After I got signed by my label, I wanted to share the news with my boyfriend, of almost three years. I wanted to tell him 'I did it! I can make enough money now! I'm going to be okay," I said, wiping my tears.

"And I found him cheating on me. And after all those years, everything I've gone through with him, I left him. Because I realized I deserved better. So I focused on my music, and I released an album, as you know, called Fearless," I smiled, as the crowd cheered. 

"I've been praying a lot. I've been asking God for guidance and strength. I've been trusting Him to help me through this difficult time. I've been thanking Him for all the blessings He has given me, especially all of you."