Vol.1: Prologue

Ayanokoji

Advanced Nurturing High School

It was late March, and it was now the end of our final year. All of the third-year students would be graduating from this school, moving on to find successful jobs or attend a prestigious university. Of course, that would only be possible for the students of Class A. In other words, I was not guaranteed that opportunity, considering that I was no longer in that class.

To explain, around the end of the second semester, I had around twenty-million Private Points in my hand. Using those Points, I switched classes. At that time, I was originally in Class B, but changed to Class A, led by Sakayanagi Arisu-a natural born genius and the daughter of the Chairman at the Advanced Nurturing High School.

I did this in order to face my class-to face the girl known as Horikita Suzune. She was Class B's leader, a member of the Student Council, and a former friend. She's intelligent, persistent, and determined. She has an unwavering willpower and a brilliant mind. Her growth and her skills over these past few years piqued my interest, which was why I switched classes and why I wished to challenge her for myself.

Besides Sakayanagi and Horikita, there were two other classes. There was Class D, led by Ichinose Honami, who was charismatic and kind; and Class C, led by Ryuen Kakeru, who was ruthless and strong. The two of them are formidable and talented in their own way, and their skills as leaders are quite impressive. However, my reasons as to why I didn't choose them were simple.

Horikita's class had already faced Ryuen and Ichinose's class respectively, overcoming both of them. Of course, Ryuen and Ichinose could grow and become challenging enemies later on. However, the girl Horikita Suzune would already be well prepared to face either of them. I was sure of that.

Second, Class A was the only class left to face in order for Horikita's class to rise up to the top. Should they defeat them, they will become Class A, just as Horikita dreamed of. Sakayanagi was highly intelligent and strategic, and her ability to control the entire class under her fingertips was quite impressive. To bring her and her class down, Class B would need power and skill.

That's why I chose Class A. Sakayanagi was already powerful and with me, Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, alongside her and her class, we would become an unstoppable force. Ryuen wouldn't stand a chance. Ichinose wouldn't stand a chance. However, for Horikita, she had a glimpse of victory. By taking us down, she'll grow exponentially, surpassing the two of us. The genius Arisu Sakayanagi will be no more...and so will the White Room's prodigy.

After I switched to Class A, I stepped out from the shadows and revealed my true self. Fighting alongside my new classmates, together, we pushed back Horikita and Class B, as well as the other classes from reaching us. They were powerful and resistant, but their struggles were futile.

Horikita Suzune was no match for us. She was backed into a corner with the realization that her class was not invincible as she thought it was. However, even when she was on the brink of defeat, she did not give up. She stood tall against me, determined to take me down. In the end, she managed to push us back, defeating our class and rising up to Class A. Horikita Suzune had won. She had fulfilled her dream of reaching Class A, and I had my wish fulfilled in return.

Now, today was the last day for our year here at this school. Before I left, I decided to meet Horikita one last time to congratulate her on her hard-fought victory. After all, she had earned it.

Many of the third-year students were outside, saying their goodbyes and their last words to each other as they were about to leave. First and second-year students stood by, watching as their seniors moved on, starting their new life.