V.2-Ch.5.3

Furukawa

Advanced Nurturing High School; Hallways

The next day, after class ended and lunch break began, I walked out and left the classroom to do the mission assigned to me by Horikita. To execute it, I needed the help of Hasegawa and Seong from Class B.

Yesterday...

"Tomorrow, I want you to get in contact with Hasegawa-kun and Seong-san from Class B. From there, I want the three of you to set up cameras in the special building."

"Cameras?" I repeated.

She nodded. "There should be some fake security cameras at the electronics store you could buy and install. I'm sure you saw them when you were with Ogawa-san."

I looked back at the day when I went with Ogawa to the electronics store to fix her camera. On the way there, we bumped into Kurino, who had decided to tag along with us. Once we arrived at the store, the two of them went to the clerk to ask for help repairing the camera. While they did so, I stood in the back and looked around the store. That's when I happened to take a glance at items they had, such as their cameras.

"I did. It was quite unusual for them to have such a product there."

"It is, but I'm glad to hear that they still have it." I tilted my head in confusion when I heard that, but then I remembered how her mother, Horikita Suzune, had once attended here. Perhaps she had gained this idea from her when she was a student.

"So you want me to buy the fake security cameras and set it up in the special building. And you want Hasegawa and Seong's assistance?"

"That's right. It might seem too much to ask them, but there's no one else who can better help us at the moment. Do you understand?"

I silently nodded at her, telling her that I understood what she asked of me. This was a risky strategy, and one where it involved careful planning and the help of outsiders. Horikita's idea was logical, and it was up to me to put it into motion.

Advanced Nurturing High School; Class 1-B; present day...

By the time I arrived, I saw Hasegawa talking to Seong and two of his other classmates. It seemed that they were just about to head to lunch, considering the large number of missing Class B students. I decided to stay from afar and watch them until their conversation ended, but Hasegawa happened to notice me. He looked at his classmates and ended their conversation, then both Hasegawa and Seong came towards me as their friends went the other direction.

"Good morning, Furukawa-san."

I nodded, greeting him as well. "I apologize if I ruined your conversation with your classmates."

"No, it's fine. It was just some casual talk between friends, that's all."

"I see. You do seem quite close to them," I said.

He nodded and turned to look at them. "One is Miyahara Haru, and the other is Ishimoto Miki. You could say they're like my assistants. I always try to handle everything myself for the class, but..."

"Sometimes, he can't handle it, so we help," Seong said, finishing his sentence. "Honestly, you need to rest more. You know you can count on us, right, Hasegawa-kun?"

"I know, I know..." Hasegawa sighed and turned back to me. "I apologize, Furukawa-san. I'm sure you aren't here to learn more about Class B, are you?"

I shook my head. "No, I'm not. It's about Tsukamoto."

"Tsukamoto-san, huh? How was the trial anyways? I haven't heard much about it," he said.

I began to explain to the two of them what went down during the deliberation meeting in the Student Council Room. Class C had claimed that Tsukamoto attacked them, while Tsukamoto claimed the opposite happened. Because of this, it went on for a long time before we had to make a decision. And that is to hold another deliberation meeting this afternoon for a retrial.

"I see...that's too bad," Hasegawa said, disappointed. "If this retrial happens, and Class C wins, everything may go worse from there."

"You're right about that," I said.

"So, what is it that you want to ask? Do you want our help?"

I nodded. "Horikita has a plan to end this, but it's risky. She asked me to bring the two of you along for help. If you want to, that is."

Seong looked at Hasegawa and he nodded. "Of course we'll help. But...what exactly is this plan that's so risky?"

"Have you ever been to the electronics store in Keyaki Mall?" The two of them looked at each other, confused.