V.1-Ch.6.3

Misaki

Advanced Nurturing High School

As I got out of the office, I noticed Furukawa silently standing outside in the hallway beside the door, waiting for me.

"Why did you wait for me?" I asked.

"You wanted to talk to me, didn't you?" Furukawa said, reminding me of our earlier conversation.

"I did...but there's no point in talking anymore. I got my answers..." As I was about to walk away, I heard a sigh from Furukawa.

"In that case, I have something I want to talk about with you. Horikita Misaki."

"Something you want to talk to me...?" I repeated.

"Let's move. It's not best to talk here."

"R-Right..." Furukawa and I walked away from the door of the guidance office and left.

Advanced Nurturing High School; Hallways

As we walked side by side, the two of us stayed in silence, looking away from each other. We were looking around, trying to find a private place for the two of us to talk, and that's when we saw the courtyard. Outside, the sun was still up, but it was slowly setting down, becoming darker and darker. It was quiet and still a little warm, and there were no people around. Or so that's what we thought...

Advanced Nurturing High School; Courtyard

"Kurogane Seiji."

It wasn't just us who found this place. There was Mihara, the Secretary of the Student Council, and along with him was Mukai, the Student Council President. They were talking to another student, who apparently went by Kurogane Seiji. He seemed younger than them, and I didn't recognize him in our grade level, so I assumed he was a second-year.

Kurogane Seiji had crystal-blue eyes and short dark-brown hair with a gray streak. There was a grin on his face, and he neither seemed serious nor lighthearted when standing in front of Mihara. There was something off about his aura, almost as if he had a hidden side to him.

"What is it, Mihara-senpai?" asked Kurogane.

Mihara, whose face was stern and serious, glared at him. "Just the other day, two students from your grade level were expelled. One from Class A, and the other from your class, Class B."

"Ah...yes. That was quite a tragedy for me and my class," Kurogane said in such a calm tone and with a grin.

Mihara's glare intensified. "A tragedy is it? I thought it might've been a relief for you, considering you were the one behind their expulsions."

"Such a harsh accusation, Mihara-senpai. What makes you think that?" Kurogane asked, tilting his head.

"...Besides those two, there were eight others from your grade level who were expelled. All of them were caused by another student acting behind the scenes. Another student who was careful not to be caught...someone who used their standing as their power to remove them."

Furukawa and I were standing from afar, watching them talk to each other. While Mihara and Kurogane were at it, Mukai stood behind Mihara with a frown on her face as she stared at Kurogane. The Student Council President was usually cheery and serious, but now she's saddened.

Kurogane, who was grinning at Mihara, turned to look at us. "Seems like we have a few visitors."

Mihara and Mukai turned. "You..."