V.2-Ch.5.4

Furukawa

Advanced Nurturing High School; Special Building

It was in the afternoon when I stood by and waited in the area where Tsukamoto and the three Class C students fought. An hour from now, the second deliberation meeting would begin. Before that happens, I wanted to have a small talk with Nishida, Hoga, and Sugiyama privately. Seeing that I couldn't get a hold of them, I asked Kurino for some help, who was friends with pretty much everyone in the school. Thanks to her, she was able to convince them to come here to the special building, and she told them that it was her who wanted to meet them.

After a few minutes passed by as I waited, I happened to hear some voices and footsteps coming towards me. I turned and from the corner at the end of the hallway, the three of them had arrived-just like I wanted.

"Huh?"

"Aren't you...Furukawa?!"

"What the hell are you doing here?" asked Nishida. "And where's Kurino-san? She's supposed to be here, isn't she?" The three of them looked around, trying to find her.

"She's not here. She sent me here to meet you three. I'm a messenger."

"Messenger...? Oh, I see. Kurino-san didn't want to meet us, you did. You used her to call us here, didn't you?!"

Instead of replying, I remained quiet and stared at them.

"Tch!"

"Hey Nishida, if she's not here, we might as well go," whispered Hoga.

"You're right," he said. "Sorry, but we're not going to stay here for long like you wanted, Furukawa. See ya!" With some chuckles, the three of them turned around and walked away. Just then, in the direction they were walking, Hasegawa came from the same corner and stood in their path.

"Yo," Hasegawa greeted with a kind smile.

"H-Hasegawa? What are you doing here?" Nishida asked.

He chuckled. "I just happened to pass by when I heard you talking to Furukawa-san over there. I thought I should come by and see what was happening." Hasegawa placed his hand to his chin. "If I remember right...you three were involved in a fight with Tsukamoto-san, right? How is it by the way?"

The three of their faces lit up and Nishida glared at him. "You...! Don't tell me you're on their side!"

"What are you talking about?" Hasegawa asked, tilting his head.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about! You're here with Furukawa, aren't you?! You really believe Tsukamoto's innocent?!" Instead of replying, Hasegawa silently stared at them and smiled. "Tch! How many times do I have to say it...?! Tsukamoto was the one who attacked us! Him!"

"Hm...you may be right, but you may be wrong too," said Hasegawa. "But what do you think that camera says?"

Hasegawa pointed behind them and they turned to look at me. Above my head and in the corner, there was a security camera sitting there.

"T-That's..."

"N-No way...that camera...was there...?"

"Not only this one." I pointed in Hasegawa's direction, and above his head, there was another camera.

"T-Two...?!"

Nishida stared at the two cameras for a moment, then started laughing. "Ha ha ha ha!"

"N-Nishida?"

"Do you seriously think we'd believe that? Those are obviously fake cameras!"

"B-But, are you sure?" Hoga asked nervously.