V.1-Ch.7.6

Misaki

Advanced Nurturing High School; Library

After a while of studying, we began cleaning up our table and packing up. Azuma and Kawasaki took sighs of relief and slowly walked out of the library together while talking about the midterm. Ogawa and Hano both said their goodbyes to each other and to us, then went their separate ways and left.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Horikita-san." Karuizawa turned to leave.

"Wait," I said. "I need you and Furukawa-kun to stay here for a moment." They both looked at each other for a moment, then nodded at me.

"As you know, the day of the midterm test is not too far. And the number of study sessions we have left are considerably low, which means we won't have any more time to study with each other. In the case something goes wrong, I may need to use my backup."

"Backup?" Karuizawa repeated, tilting her head.

I nodded. "I need you two to do a favor for me. I don't know exactly if it'll work, but I'm hoping it does." I started telling them about my backup plan and what roles they were going to play in it.

"I see...in that case, we'll do it," said Karuizawa.

"And while we do this, you're going to get Tsukamoto back?" I nodded, answering Furukawa. "I'm trusting you have a plan to do so then."

"Yes. Right about now, he should still be in Track and coming back from the field. I've already analyzed the entire school's layout, so it won't be hard to find where he's at."

"I see." Furukawa turned around and started walking away. "Let's go, Karuizawa-san."

"R-Right..." Karuizawa followed behind him, then turned back around and waved at me. "Good luck, Horikita-san." The two of them left the library, and now I was alone once again in the library.

"Now then..." I placed my hand over my head, thinking and remembering the stories my mother told me. "Hm...Tsukamoto-kun seems similar to that guy Okaa-san talked about...and if I remember right..."

"During our first year, we had a Sports Festival where we had to compete against the other classes as well as the other grade levels. Our class wasn't so good with athletics, but we were lucky to have a few talented people with us, such as a friend of mine, Sudo Ken. In my opinion, thanks to him, we did quite well. However...another class attacked us, breaking our class apart. Sudo had a bad temper and violent behavior, and because of that, he left during the festival, enraged by what they did.

I had to get up and chase and try to convince him to come back. When I caught up to him, he still didn't listen and left. Instead of going back, I stayed and waited for his return. It was long, but it was worth it. Sudo eventually came back, and our class came back together again. If I didn't choose to step up and do something, I probably wouldn't have convinced him to come back. And if I didn't convince him to come back, our class may have ended up in a worse situation."

"...I suppose I can try convincing him that way..." I muttered to myself.

Advanced Nurturing High School; Hallway

I stood in the hallway outside of the gymnasium. It took some time for me to get here all the way from the library, but I made it just in time before he left.

The door of the gymnasium opened, and out came Tsukamoto in his sports uniform with a towel over his neck and a water bottle in his hand. "Whew..." he sighed.