V.1-Ch.4.2

Furukawa

Advanced Nurturing High School; Keyaki Mall

I pulled out my phone and took a look at my Points. From the original 100,000 PP given to us first-years, I only had about 80,000 PP left. To my right, I saw a home goods store and looked inside to find all kinds of things you need for your room. Seeing that I didn't have much and I had some Points left over, I went inside.

Inside the store, I walked around and glanced at the products they had. When I went over to the kitchenware, I noticed Karuizawa standing there holding some utensils.

"Karuizawa-san."

She turned and smiled. "Oh, Furukawa-kun!" Karuizawa puts down the utensils back on the shelf.

"What're you shopping for?" I asked her.

"Oh, just some things I needed for my kitchen. What about you?"

"Same as you. I was also looking for some kitchenware."

"I see." Karuizawa turned to look back at the utensils, staring at the spoons, forks, and knives.

"Is there something specific you're looking for?" I asked.

"Well, not really. I was just going around and taking a look to see if there's anything I want to buy. I've been wanting to make my own meals at home, and I wanted to practice for my Cooking Club, so that's why I'm here."

When she said the Cooking Club, I remembered the two of us along with Horikita attending the club fair the school hosted a while back. Horikita and I were there only to look at the clubs they had, but Karuizawa had been talking and applying for clubs she saw there. That was when and how Karuizawa joined the club she was in now .

"If you don't mind me for asking, was there a particular reason why you chose the Cooking Club?"

She nodded. "Okaa-san's been working quite hard her entire life for me. Because of that, I usually do all the cooking myself at home. I wouldn't call myself a master or anything, but I'm pretty decent. So when I saw the Cooking Club, I thought I might as well apply so I can improve my skills, but I also wanted to try to help our class."

"I see." I turned my attention towards the utensils on the shelves and stared at the knives they had. I grabbed one and handed it to Karuizawa. "If you want to really cook for yourself, use this knife. It's better than the other ones, and at a reasonable price."

"Really? How can you tell, Furukawa-kun?"

"There are two ways a knife is made: forging and stamping. Stamping is when they cut out the shape of the knife from a sheet of metal. Forging is when they repeatedly pound the heated steel into the desired shape of the blade. Because of that, forged knives are usually much heavier and durable, and they can last a lot longer. So if you're going to cook long-term, I recommend this."

"I see." Karuizawa grabbed it and looked at the knife from all sides. "Um, Furukawa-kun, are you perhaps good with cooking by any chance."

I nodded. "I've been cooking for myself my entire life, so I know a few things."

"Really? That's amazing! If you don't mind, can you teach me sometime?"

I had only wanted to help her with her shopping, but it seems like now she's wanting my advice. "Sure, that's fine."

"Thank you!" Karuizawa said with a smile on her face.

After helping Karuizawa shop, and shopping for myself, I left the store and headed back to my room with a bag of the things I bought.

Advanced Nurturing High School; My Room

I unlocked my door and went inside, closing the door behind me. I went over to my kitchen and from my bag, I pulled out some spoons, forks, chopsticks, bowls, and a duplicate of the knife I gave to Karuizawa. I opened my cabinets and put them away, then left the kitchen and went over to my bed.

I checked my phone and saw how low the battery was. With my charger already plugged into the wall, I plugged in my phone and left it there on my desk. Suddenly, my phone went off and I saw the name "Horikita Misaki" on the screen.

What does she possibly want from me...? I grabbed my phone and answered. "What is it?"

"Are you in your room?" Horikita asked me.

"Yes, I am."

"I see. Anyways, about Kurino's invitation. Have you decided on going?"

"I told her that I would keep it in mind, but to be honest, I'm not planning on going." I understood that Kurino was a kind and caring girl who just wants everyone to get along, and I understood that included both me and Horikita. However, the two of us are merely loners who can't seem to fit in with those who want to be together.

"I see..." Horikita sighed over the phone. "Well, that's all I called you for. I'll be hanging up no-"

"Are you scared?" I asked her, interrupting her before she could hang up.

"What?"

"You didn't call me just so you can get an answer, did you?" Horikita stayed silent, but she was listening. "You're scared, aren't you? Of going by yourself to meet up with our classmates whom you know nothing of."

"..." Horikita continued to remain silent, but I could tell I hit the bull's-eye. She gave out a heavy and angry sigh over the phone. "...Are you or are you not going?"

Instead of giving her an immediate answer, I decided to stay quiet for a moment, then I sighed. "Do you know the time of their party?"