V.2-Ch.2.2

Misaki

Advanced Nurturing High School; Class 1-D

Today is the first day of July-the beginning of a new month. This is the day where we'll see whether or not the work we've done has been fruitful. To explain, after a month here at this school, we lost all of our Class Points, bringing us all the way down to the bottom of the class ranks. With 0 CP, we lost our right to receive a monthly allowance of Private Points like the other classes. Thus, our class was in shambles.

In order to try to regain them, the entire class started changing the way they acted, considering that was one of the reasons why we lost our Class Points in the first place. So, over the past few months, from May to June, Class D has been doing quite well. They've been coming to class on time, focusing and listening to Matsubara-sensei, and completed all of their assignments given to them. They also passed the dreaded midterm exam which we took not too long ago.

From what I observed, I concluded that their academic abilities and their own behavior have improved by a significant margin. So if anything, there should be a slight change in our Class Points.

The bell rang and Matsubara-sensei stepped into the classroom. Everyone stopped talking and sat down at their assigned seats, focusing their attention on her.

She smiled at us. "My my. Every time I come in here now, I always ask myself whether or not I'm in the right classroom. It's still quite hard to believe you all changed in such a short time."

"Matsubara-sensei," Kasai said, raising his hand. "If I may ask, has anything changed since we've passed the midterm exam?"

Matsubara-sensei chuckled, then nodded. "Yes, it has. You all seem to be dying to know, so I'll show it to you here on the board."

On the smartboard, the screen turned on and showed the class rankings for us first-years.

Class A: 1,020 CP

Class B: 805 CP

Class C: 570 CP

Class D: 99 CP

"9-99 CP?! W-We did it!" The entire class erupted from joy, happy that we now have Class Points. We had gained nearly one-hundred Points, which was a huge first step for Class D. But...

"Everyone, please quiet down for a moment." They all looked at me with puzzled faces, then did as I said and sat back down in their seats. "I understand you're all happy seeing that we've gained some Class Points, but there's something odd about it. If we do have Class Points, why haven't we received any Private Points?"

"T-That's true..."

"Actually, aren't we supposed to get it by now...? It's the beginning of the month."

"S-Sensei, we do actually have 99 CP, right?" asked Azuma.

"Yes. What you see on the screen is real," Matsubara-sensei confirmed.

"Then why haven't we received any Points, Sensei?" asked Kasai.

According to my calculations, we should've received 9,900 PP from the 99 CP we had. Yet, there was no record of a deposit into any of our accounts. If the rankings were correct, then that means only one thing...

Matsubara-sensei sighs and frowns. "I sincerely apologize, but the school announced that they will be holding off the deposit of your monthly Private Points until further notice."

"Eh?!!!" The entire class erupted again, but this time from shock.

"You have to be joking!" said Yoshinaga.

"Y-You're saying we did all of this...for nothing?!" said Azuma.

"Azuma-kun, that's not true," said Kurino. "We got Class Points for our class. That's a good thing, isn't it?"

"Y-Yeah, but..."

"Kurino-san, we need our Private Points~!" said Yoshinaga and the other girls.

"Ugh...I can't live like this...!" said Kawasaki.

Kurino stood up from her seat. "Hey, don't worry about it! As long as we're together, and as long as we help each other out, we'll all make it!" Everybody who was feeling down suddenly cheered up as they stared at her dazzling and positive aura.

Kasai stood up. "Kurino-san is right. I'm sure the school will fix it soon, so let's all keep it together for as long as we can, alright?" The entire class nodded and returned back to their senses. Thanks to the two of them and their kind endeavors, our class was united as one. I'm grateful that Kasai and Kurino are both in my class.