V.1-Ch.1: My Journey Begins

Misaki

The Horikita Household

I exited my room and went down the stairs to the first floor of the house. Once I got down, I headed towards the kitchen and as I got closer, I could hear the sound of a teapot.

*whistle*

Seems like she's already awake...

I stepped into the kitchen and there, I saw her turning off the heat from the stove and grabbing the teapot by the handle.

"Good morning."

"Good morning, Okaa-san."

We both left the kitchen and entered the dining room. She placed down the hot teapot on a coaster, then placed two small teacups on the kitchen table. The two of us sat down, with my mother sitting across from me. She grabbed the teapot and poured the tea into my cup.

"You're always up so early," I said.

"Of course I am."

After finishing pouring the tea, I grabbed my cup and raised it to my face. I took in the aroma of my warm drink. As always, it was fragrant and refreshing.

"I would like to talk to you about something."

I took a sip, then placed my cup down. "What is it?"

She poured some tea into her cup, then placed the teapot back on the coaster. "Your enrollment at this school. There's still some time to reconsider."

"I apologize Okaa-san, but I'm going. My decision will not change."

"I see." She took a sip of her tea. "If that's your choice, so be it. However, I will warn you: this school is extraordinarily different. It is much more difficult than any other school, and it will involve not just academics."

"I know. I'm well prepared for it, Okaa-san."

My mother once attended the Advanced Nurturing High School, the same school I'm enrolling in now. From listening to her stories and her life there, I already have an understanding of the institution and its system.

"You may be exceptional and knowledgeable, but don't be overconfident. Understand?"

"I understand." I took my mother's words to heart.

My mother took another sip of her tea, then gave a weak smile. "It's already been so many years...since I've left that school. If I wasn't so foolish or ignorant back then, maybe he could've..." She paused. "Ahem. Anyways, good luck to you, Misaki."

"Thank you, Okaa-san." I bowed, then I left and went back up the stairs.

I entered my room, closing the door behind me. I went over to my bag laying on my bed and opened it, checking to see if I had everything.

The Advanced Nurturing High School. The same school my mother went to. She told me about how they guarantee you a 100% chance of being employed or entry into college once you graduate. However, it was only for the top class, Class A. She says it's difficult, but I'm sure I'll be able to reach it and graduate from that class with my skills.

After going through my bag, I pulled out my school uniform and held it in my hands. Of course, that's what Okaa-san believes I'm going there for...

My primary reason for going to this school wasn't for the benefits it would give me, but to figure out the identity of my father. To explain, I've lived my life with only my mother. I never had a father from the day I was born. I was told that he disappeared, just after my mother had graduated. She never told me who he was or what he was like.

To me, it was heartbreaking, and I felt empty not having an important figure in my everyday life. Growing up, that emptiness I felt inside me grew more and more. That is until I was told about this school.

Not only did my mother attend there, but my father as well. Once I knew that, I immediately decided to enroll at the Advanced Nurturing High School. I believed that by going there, I could figure out who he was. I could find out his name, what he was like, and what he always did.

Had I told this to my mother, there was no doubt she would stop me. For some reason, she doesn't want me to know about my father, and that is exactly why I decided to keep this a secret.

I will find out who my father is. I will get to Class A. If anyone dares to stop me, if anything gets in my way, I'll do whatever it takes to overcome them.