V.1-Ch.7.2

Misaki

Advanced Nurturing High School; Library

I arrived at the library just right after class ended. Before everyone else came, I decided to look around for a spot for all of us to have a meeting, and that's when I found multiple empty tables in the farthest corner in the library.

"This will do..." I muttered to myself. I heard voices from behind me and I turned to see Kurino with many of our classmates.

"Oh!" Kurino waved at me and they all came towards me.

"Kurino-san, you came."

She smiled. "Yep! I brought them here like you wanted!"

I nodded, then frowned. "Kurino-san...about the way I acted to you before, I'm sorry."

"Oh no no, it's fine! I mean, this is what friends do right? They help each other!" Kurino said so cheerfully.

"Friends...yes..." I took a glance at everyone who Kurino brought. "Is this all?"

"Hehe. Well...I was able to convince most of them, but not everyone. Sorry..."

"It's alright. I believe the rest of them should be coming about now..." I turned to look at the entrance, then I saw Furukawa along with Kasai and everyone else. "There they are."

They walked towards us, greeting us. "Good afternoon, everyone!" said Kasai. "Horikita-san, Kurino-san. Looks like everyone is here now."

I nodded, then I turned to Furukawa and nodded to him, thanking him. "Alright then, let's get started then."

"W-Wait!" said Kawasaki. "Um...I know the midterm is coming up and all, and we should study, but what if some of us aren't good?"

"That's fine. I plan to split everyone here up into separate groups involving students with poor grades and excellent grades. Oh, if I may ask, are there any of you who have club activities?" Out of the forty students we had, a few of them raised their hands and I counted them. "Twelve huh...?"

"Um...Horikita-san," said Karuizawa. "Is there a reason why you're asking us this?"

I nodded. "Yes. As you know, students who have club activities may not have time to spend studying with the rest of us. That's why I want to make sure that the people who don't have club activities are here to help them when they're gone."

By knowing who are in clubs, and who are academically skilled, I can easily put them into groups that will benefit them all.

"Um, excuse me." Yoshinaga raised her hand. "What if there are some of us who can't study with certain people? Or if we can study with someone we want?"

"Is there a reason why?"

"O-Oh no, I'm just asking! I mean, wouldn't it be better if we can work with those we're familiar with?"

I placed my hand to my chin and thought about it. It was true, but in a way, it was like a double-edge blade. Sure, by working with others you know of, you can move faster and be more efficient in studying. At the same time however, you may slack off or may choose not to do it.

"Hm...before we get to that, let me ask something. Who here is willing to lead a study group?"

Our classmates looked at each other, hoping someone would step up and volunteer. Then, Kasai and Kurino both raised their hands.

"I can do it! I may not be as good as Horikita-san, but I'll do my best to help everyone!" said Kurino.

"I have club activities, but I'll do my best to help them as well," said Kasai.

"Thank you, the two of you. Of course, I'll volunteer to be a leader for one of these groups as well."

"Which means we'll have three groups in total. Will that be alright though?" said Kurino.

I took a glance at Furukawa, who was standing on the side watching and listening to us. "What about you, Furukawa-kun?"

Everybody turned their attention to him and he stared at us. "I'm not fit to be a leader. At most, I can be in one of your groups to help everyone else."

It seems like Furukawa was not an option. That means that we truly did have three groups, and we needed to divide the class as best we can.

"I-I'll join Kasai-kun's group!" said Hamasaki, raising her hand.

"Me too!" said Yoshinaga, raising her hand as well. Along with the two of them, most of the other girls went to him as well, wanting to join him.

"U-Um, I understand why you want to join my group, but there's Kurino-san and Horikita-san as well."

"Eh~?!!"

"Tch...! That guy's getting all the girls..." said Azuma.

"Well, he is popular..." said Kawasaki.

"Kasai-kun, can you handle them all?" I asked.

"Eh? Well, yeah, I can do it, but...what about you two?"

I looked at the remaining students in our class and nodded. "We should be fine. If there's anyone else who wants to join Kasai-kun's group, do it now." A few boys nodded to each other and went over to them.

"Alright! Who wants to join me?" Many of the boys and the rest of the girls went over to her, joining her group. "W-Wow, this is quite a lot of you..."

"Alright, some of you will need to join my group then," I said, trying to reassure Kurino.

"H-Horikita-san, you didn't need to do that!" said Kurino, waving her hands at me.

"No, it's fine. I don't want you to handle that much and suffer because of it."

"I-I see. Thank you!" They were disappointed, but a few of the boys and girls came back and joined my group.

"I wanted to be with Kurino..." said Kawasaki.

"Me too..." said Azuma.

"Looks like we have our groups then." Kurino's group consisted of five girls and eleven boys, with a total of seventeen students including her; and in Kasai's group, he had three boys and ten girls, with a total of fourteen students including him. As for my group, I had Furukawa, Rikina, Azuma, Kawasaki, Tsukamoto, and two other Class D girls.

"Alright. Since all of us can't be at the library, we'll move somewhere else. Everyone, follow me." Kasai walked away with his entire group following him and they left.

"Let's do the same! Come on everyone!" Kurino gestured to them to follow her and they did. As they walked away, Kurino looked back at me and waved me goodbye.

Furukawa sighed. "So this is it then?" he asked.

"Seems like it." I looked at our group and counted them again, then I remembered the number of students in Kurino and Kasai's group, adding them all up. "Wait. We're missing someone..."

"Who is it?" asked Karuizawa.

"I think it's that Shirogawa guy, right?" said one of the girls.

"Yeah, I think so too. I don't think he came at all actually..." said the other girl.

"And none of us know where he is...?" They all looked at each other and shook their heads. I turned and glared at Furukawa who stared at me without saying a word. You couldn't get everyone? I sighed. "Well, whatever. I suppose this will have to do. If he comes later, he'll join our group. Let's get started, everyone."