Ch3: Arthyrell Academy - part 6

The platform lifted me up into the air until I was floating high above the forest - heart racing, body all clenched, breath unsteady, trembling all over - that was about the situation I was finding myself in right then and there.

I tried not to look over the edge of my little platform, already dizzy enough at the thought of being so high above the ground.

I brought my hands together, concentrating and attempting to create at least something that would break my fall - slow me down somehow - but all I got was sparks and a vague lime green aura enveloping my shaking hands.

A feeling of nausea filled me when I realized - I wasn't able to access my Magic... again!

Maybe someone could help me? I took a look around. Fairies had started dropping down one by one. None of them were even close enough for me to call out to them! Deep breaths, I reminded myself. I closed my eyes, hands still in front of me, and was about to take the first deep breath when I felt the platform beneath my feet disappear. Letting out a shriek, I opened up my eyes again but pressed them shut when I felt the prickling of upwelling tears- and I instantly lost control of the little sparks I had managed to create and...

I fell.

~❀❁❀~