Ch4: The Initiation - part 5

We sat down cross-legged, facing one another. Iklím's sturdier hands found mine and, as we both got enveloped by a glow, a magical bond was formed between us. Our Magic Circles, dancing on the ground, intertwined and before long merged lines until they unified in a way I had never experienced before.

Iklím gave me an affirming nod. 'Whatever ye did just now, do it again. Ye can use me as an anchor.' She reassured me.

Then her eyes closed. So did mine. It took a while for me to connect to the forest again.

When I did and the feelings of distress took hold of me again, I squeezed Iklím's hand and took comfort in the steadiness her magical presence emanated

When I did and the feelings of distress took hold of me again, I squeezed Iklím's hand and took comfort in the steadiness her magical presence emanated. As soon as I'd pushed through the barriers, the overwhelming sensations came back and took their hold upon me a second time. I tensed up. My hands started shaking and I would have almost pulled back again had I not felt the gentle touch of a thin hand breaking the grasp between my right hand and Iklím's and taking it in her own to reestablish the link.

Now sharing in the magical presence of two fairies, the fuzz made way for a tranquil calmth. With eyes closed, I could see the forest around me lighting up slowly, revealing a path that led to the ivy I had seen on the Academy walls before.

I let out an unsteady sigh and noticed, when I opened my eyes, that a tear had rolled down my cheek. I loosened my grip around their hands and wiped the tear away while two pairs of eyes were looking at me in anticipation.

But my gaze was caught by something completely different, for behind the two young fairies in front of me, I could now see the Academy again between the rows of trees, not too far away- even though I was sure it hadn't been there before.

'I think I... know where we need to go.' I eased into a smile.

The two took a quick glance behind them, and then exchanged a look before Iklím asked: 'Are ye sure ye've never used Magic before? Like, absolutely sure? 'Cause what you did just there- that sure as all hexes don't look like it.'

I shook my head furiously. 'Honestly, no, but it's a rather complicated story...'

'How about we discuss that over a nice warm cup of tea? You've got me curious, sugar.'

I smiled faintly. 'That sounds just fine.'

Abrish helped me up again and we continued our way towards the Academy, this time conversing a little more lively- and in all honesty I was a little overrun by all the questions I got.

'So- are you or are you not Silvean?'

'Not sure... I-' I started before getting interrupted.

'Come to think of it, what are ye wearing? That don't look Silvean at all. Not that I know at least.'

'Oh... uh... It's Bythrithian- it was made in emulation of-'

'From Bythrith? Isn't that on the outskirts of the Realm of Magic? How did you end up there?'

'It's a long story...'

~✿~