Ch4: The Initiation - part 1

✧ ༻ ˎˊ- 𓆩✧𓆪-ˋˏ༺ ✧

Meanwhile, in the shade of one of the trees in the Courtyard of the Academy, there were two girls seeking shelter from the sun around a picnic table in a quiet area.

One of them, a girl younger than most in the yard, sat happily as she let the sun grace her face where the light didn't break at the branches. Her eyes closed, she sighed in content knowing that life was brought back to the school she held so dear.

The other one, on the other hand, had made herself comfortable as close to the tree as possible as to not let the sun touch her pale skin even in the slightest. Caught in a book she had been reading for a while, it seemed as though she didn't even notice any of the things going on around her- and she couldn't bring herself to care about it.

'You two seem to be enjoying yourselves.'

The younger girl jolted upright. 'Professor Followers!' she exclaimed excitedly, followed by a slight bow. 'Welcome back.'

The Professor returned the favour. 'Chi, LeGrimm. It's good to see you again.' Her words came to a halt when she took a good look around. 'Where's Muñoz? Isn't she with you?'

The girl shook her head. 'She hasn't returned from Caldor yet.' She explained to the professor, before doubtfully adding: 'She should be here in a couple of minutes, I think. Would you care to join us?'

'If you insist.' She replied before hopping on the edge of the table. Seeing the smile it brought to her face, Followers couldn't help but to smirk at the easily blissed out young fairy.

'Hey girls!', it sounded from across the field of grass right next to their spot. 'How much have I missed?'

The young girl jumped up again, right after sitting back down, with as much - if not even more - enthusiasm as when the professor had joined their little group. 'Muñoz! You're right on time!'

'Sorry it took me so long. My parents wouldn't let me leave, I had to look after my sister 'till they got back.'

Professor Followers made way for the third young fairy to join her at the table. 'Don't worry. You haven't missed all that much, the platforms have only just appeared.'

'Great.' She sighed in relief as she put her leg against the tree to support her weight, next to the still reading girl.

' She sighed in relief as she put her leg against the tree to support her weight, next to the still reading girl

'I was afraid I'd missed the whole thing. Wouldn't want to miss out on scouting our new roommate. Have you seen anything interesting yet?'

The both of them shook their heads.

'I still don't understand why we're going through with this.'

They all turned their heads to their remaining companion, who had only now put her book down on the table and joined in on their conversation.

Muñoz let out a deep, heavy sigh. 'Mae, you know why. We've been one member short ever since- you know...'

'I know! But-'

'No buts.' Professor Followers hopped off the table. As she gave a comforting pat on LeGrimm's shoulder, she continued with: 'It would be a good thing for you girls to move on. What happened last class happened last class, this cycle will be different. Besides, you might find some fairy who's going through the Initiation to be quite interesting.'

'It's not like we'll get to see anything as interesting as Chi's Initiation.'

'LeGrimm!' The young girl, Chi, exclaimed, surprised that her Initiation was suddenly brought up again and maybe a little annoyed that it was- she'd rather forget about it altogether.

Professor Followers meddled in: 'What happened to Chi at the Initiation?'

'Well, you see,' LeGrimm's pout turned to a slight smirk, 'as the platforms started lifting, this little crybaby over here', she nodded in Chi's direction, who protested immediately:

'Eh!'

She started waving her arms in an attempt to bring a halt to this bypass the conversation was taking, but Lestrange continued tirelessly:

'-this crybaby started screaming and wouldn't stop 'till we were-'

Muñoz wasn't even listening anymore, the noises made by her friends and professor were fading away as her attention was caught by something completely different.

In the little pool of Magic projecting the events of the Initiation on their table, a blonde girl had appeared, hands trembling in front of her. Upon seeing tiny magical sparks appearing and disappearing again between her hands, Muñoz came to an alarming conclusion. 'She doesn't know...' She whispered.

'Huh?' Chi turned to Muñoz, forgetting all about her inconvenient situation.

Muñoz took a step closer to the table, pushing herself away from the tree, and went to inspect the pool more clearly to see what was going on. 'She doesn't know how to activate her Magic...'

This resulted in a confused look in her direction from her companions at the table. They silently blinked at her for a while until Muñoz herself decided to break the silence:

'Girls, I think I've found our new roommate.'

~✿~