Ch 5 : The Mysterious Fairy - part 1

✧ ༻ ˎˊ- 𓆩✧𓆪-ˋˏ༺ ✧

'I have to admit, it is a convincing drawing.'

The fairy let herself down on the couch, my sketchbook still in hand. She took a good long look at the sketch, letting her finger run over the lines of the rose on the fairy's arm. 'She does look like me- it's scarily accurate, even.'

I simply waited in anticipation, quietly observing her while I tried to recall more details about the mysterious fairy. When I'd first seen her just now, I had almost been certain I had found her, but now that she was inspecting my sketch like this, I was beginning to doubt it.

'-The only thing putting me off is that tattoo you've drawn.' She continued as she rolled up her sleeve to reveal her bare arm. 'I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not the fairy you're looking for.'

'I see...' I sat down next to her cautiously, contemplating my lack of self restraint back in the hallway-

As soon as I'd uttered my statement, I'd frozen in my tracks as suddenly five pairs of eyes had been looking at me in confusion. And from me to the girl I'd pointed out, who had, very promptly, hid her face behind a book. Way to make a first impression.

Muñoz eyed both of us for a brief moment before making a decision. 'Uhm... would you mind keeping that for after I've introduced everyone?' A half suppressed laugh broke through in her question.

I was all too thankful.

Muñoz quickly introduced everyone to one another, and so I came to know the names of the two remaining fairies in our dorm- Mi-jin Chi and Mae LeGrimm- all while the latter and I kept exchanging short glances.

'Well, that wraps up introductions. Now, I'll let you two sort out whatever that was while I show these younglings around.' Muñoz winked in LeGrimm's direction right before LeGrimm quickly pulled me into her room, closed the door and looked at me intently, with a face of disbelief and confusion- one which before long turned to intriguement as I very messily recited the events of my dream to her.

' Muñoz winked in LeGrimm's direction right before LeGrimm quickly pulled me into her room, closed the door and looked at me intently, with a face of disbelief and confusion- one which before long turned to intriguement as I very messily recited t...

She'd sat and listened as if enjoying a good story, not once interrupting me even when I'd stumbled to find words, until I'd told her about the fairy who'd supposedly rescued me. Her face had grown grim again as I'd shown my sketch.

'I- I'm sorry for-... sorry for jumping to conclusions like that. I must've- startled you, my apologies...'

'It's all right. I can imagine this must have been very exciting to you- to finally find a clue about your past.'

I smiled vaguely and looked down at my hands. I hadn't even realized I was clenching the frills of my skirt. I slowly loosened my grip.

LeGrimm stretched her arm out until there was barely any space between her hand and mine, but she pulled back before they met. She took another glance at the sketch and then lifted the page slightly before holding still. '... May I?'

I nodded. 'Go- uhm... go ahead.'

I watched for a while as she flipped through the pages of my sketchbook, holding still for a little longer at a few of them. 'Did you draw all of these from imagination?'

I nodded again. 'I've been drawing these over the past half a cycle. These people appear in my dreams from time to time... I sketch them out when I'm awake so I won't forget about them.'

She looked up and glanced over at me- just for a moment, her eyes narrowed- and then she started flipping a couple pages back, eventually pointing her finger at one of the sketches I'd made not long after my arrival on Silvea. 'This one looks like headmistress Faewood.'

'... I... suppose you're right.' I mumbled, peering closer.

'And this one -' She flipped back another page '- reminds me of professor Marlowe-, Stirling...- and headmistress Wildwing.'

'I-...'

'...Girls?' A frail yet excited voice called from across the room.

We both turned our heads to where the sound had come from and I recognized whom I remembered to be Chi, Mi-jin Chi.

'Are you two still coming? Or are you planning to keep her all to yourself, LeGrimm? No fair! I'm dyyyyyying to meet her, too, you know!'

LeGrimm took one more look at me, as if contemplating something, then stood up. 'Hmm? Oh, yes, we'll join you now.'

~✿~