Chapter 15

CHAPTER XV : Mysterious Eyes

I WROTE Miss Melanie's explanation for spell enchantment and incantations on my paper. I attended today's classes and learned about the thing I did with Lady Mirabelle. Enchantment Incantation is one of the abilities of Zogic users. This is where they oath to bring the lost souls of unliving being to the place they called paradise of Runa. It's like cleansing a sinful soul with divine magic. I can't believe I just cleansed Lady Mirabelle without knowing. I think maybe Soheila did it before and those incantations remained in her memories.

Nag inat ako ng mga braso habang tinatahak ang daan patungo sa great hall, Miss Melanie instructed us to go there after lunch for the important announcement. I haven't seen Sage and the others this morning since my class started very early. Hindi rin pumasok ang mga ito, they really skips classes just because they're members of the council.

Mabilis kong inilibot ang tingin ko sa paligid. Tumama ang tingin ko sa isang lalaking estudyante na nakabaling rin sa direksyon ko ang tingin. Sinubukan kong lingunin ang paligid kung may iba pa bang tao na maaari niyang pakatitigan. My brows creases when I see no one behind me since I'm at the very back of the hall. Bumalik ang tingin ko sa lalaki. He's staring at me like he's telling me something with his eyes. Mariin ito at may bahid ng misteryo.

Who is this guy?

"Rana!" napatalon ako sa gulat nang may boses na sumulpot na lamang bigla sa gilid ko.

"Y-you scared me!" singhal ko kay Portia na ngayon ay natatawa sa naging reaksyon ko.

"Where have you been? Hindi kita nakita sa council kaninang umaga," aniya. Palihim kong ibinalik sa lalaki kanina ang tingin ko ngunit hindi ko na ito mahanap pang muli.

"Well I'm a good student unlike you and the others," mayabang na saad ko nang may ngisi pa sa labi.

"Right, well Sage gave us a task to do so." Pinagkrus ko ang dalawang braso sa tapat ng dibdib ko. I was about to say something when I saw the grand master in front.

The grand master is an old man with long and white beard. He looks like a wizard in fairytale stories. Isama pa ang mahaba niyang robang kulay asul. I heard he is the former King of Modroust, he is a bahadumati and a great mage with great power. Pinanood ko ang ginawa nitong pagtayo sa likuran ng lectern habang ang kan'yang labi ay nakangiti na siya ring abot sa kan'yang mga mata.

"Good afternoon, students. As you all know, our traditional grand ball is around the corner next week." Tumaas ang kilay ko sa sinabi nito. I didn't know about that!

"To celebrate our victory against the Genesis rebellion many years ago, we've come with a tradition of celebrating with music, dances, and elegance to drive away the lingering sadness of the past." I heard everyone's getting thrilled and excited.

"Do you have a dress to wear?" tanong ni Portia sa gilid ko. I gave her a look.

"Of course I don't. I just heard about it today," I made sure to make my tone sounds sarcastic and it left her with a frown.

"That's weird. Hindi ba at taon taon itong idiniriwang? You never attend it for some reason,"

"I don't think it's a good thing to attend a party celebrating the death of your kingdom." Mabilis kong naitikom ang bibig dahil sa hindi ko inaakalang mga salitang lumabas mula ro'n. Damn, that's insensitive. Palihim kong nilingon si Portia na ngayon ay tahimik na lamang na nakikinig sa harapan.

After the announcement, Portia told me she'll go straight in the library. May mahalaga raw siyang librong aaralin. Hindi ko alam kung dahilan lang ba niya 'yon para lumayo sa akin dahil sa nasabi ko kanina o talagang gusto lang niya mag aral. Hindi ko parin alam kung saan nang galing ang mga salitang 'yon. Maybe I'll bring some strawberry shake to her later to apologize.