Chapter 27

Chapter XXVII : Samsara

"What. . ." Napupuno ng katanungan ang utak ko ngunit ni isa sa mga ito ay hindi kayang kumawala mula sa bibig ko. Nanatili ang mga tingin ko sa misteryosong lalaki sa harapan ko. His hair is now dancing with the wind, his hair is so shiny that it almost reflects the light coming from the moon.

"What does someone like you want from me? What do you know about everything that has happened to me?" tanong ko nang tuluyan ko nang maproseso ang katauhan ng lalaking nasa harapan ko.

"I told you, I am not a foe. I am here to tell you what needed to be done, but you're resisting me. You're making yourself closer to your one and only enemy."

"What do you mean? Who?" He game me an obvious look on his eyes. As if it's telling me the answer I am trying to deny. Kumuyom ang mga palad ko.

"Sage is not the enemy." I said, but then I think there's something wrong in my head for considering the lies this bastard is spewing on me.

"For now, he isn't. But soon, very soon, you will regret not listening to me," he said before he jumps in one of the branches of the tree beside him. Mabilis akong humakbang nang akala ko ay mawawala nanaman siya, ngunit sa halip ay naupo lamang ito sa sanga at sinilip ako mula sa ibaba.

"Let's start from the beginning, shall we?" aniya habang nananatili ang malaking ngisi sa kan'yang labi. Humigpit ang pagkakakuyom ng aking mga palad, tila ba may takot na namumuo sa aking puso sa hindi ko malaman at maipaliwanag na dahilan.

Fennec cleared his throat as if he's going to present a heartfelt speech in front of a huge crowd. Hindi ko tuloy maiwasang maisip na baka isa lamang itong may saltik sa ulo.

"Stop beating around the bush, get to the damn point!" I shouted but he replied with a giggle.

Maya maya ay nawala ang kan'yang malawak na pagkakangiti, his stares become more serious this time.

"This realm has three Primordial Supreme Gods and Goddess. Let's start with the divine Goddess, Kiranaya. The Goddess of the divine light. Next is her brother Hakan, The God of existence. The last one is Gavril, the father of Kiranaya and Hakan, God of the abyss. These three almighty Gods are the one that bestowed the power of the ten Gods guarding every single empire in the continent of Primoderia," Ipinatong ni Fennec ang isang hita sa kabila na tila ba nakikipagkwentuhan lamang ito sa isang matalik na kaibigan.

"What does these Gods have to do with me and Soheila?"

"The ten Gods and Goddesses of Primoderia has rules and responsibilities. But let's focus on Sonata. The almighty God of Aenriah empire, the one that bestowed power upon Zoe users. The light of Aenriah, has done something unforgivable that the three supreme Gods have decided to punish him," nakangiti pang pagsagot ni Cadmus na tila ba natutuwa ito masyado sa kan'yang pagkukwento.

"Sonata is the God cursed by Zohana."

"Who is Zohana?" My confusion intensified.

"You. . ." He jumped from the branch. Bumagsak ito sa harapan ko nang may nakakalokong ngiti sa kan'yang labi. ". . .and Soheila."

"What? N-no, paano? I mean—" His hand reached out to touch the ends of my hair. Mabilis kong sinampal ang kamay niya na siyang ikinatawa niya. Naguguluhan na ako sa mga pinagsasasabi niya. How come there's another identity I don't know about—my head is hurting with these endless questions!

"Zohana is the Goddess that hunts Sonata in this samsara."

"What do you mean samsara?" He looked up as if thinking of the right kind of words to use.