Birthday Effort

Today was a very special day for (M/n). Why??(M/n) Today would be celebrating his 29th birthday!!

But Nathan didn't know what to do. He was tired from working for days on end but still wanted to make something for his lovely husband.

So in the early hours of the morning, Nathan slowly slid out of bed, onto the creeky floor boards, and down the stairs into the kitchen.

Opening the fridge, Nathan gathered eggs, bacon, butter, avocado, blueberries, strawberries, and some yogurt.

Opening the pantry, Nathan took out the bread and pancake mix.

Putting on your apron and washing his hands, Nathan took out the bowl and pan.

He poured the mix into the bowl and added a cup of water and butter. Mixing it together as he heated up the pan.

Taking out another bowl and two more pans, he cracked the eggs and wisked them together, dumping them into one pan as he placed the bacon in the other.

He poured the mix into the heated pan, but all the overwork he did the previous days got the better of him, and he slowly started to drift asleep

°~°~°~°☆°~°~°~°~°☆°~°~°~°~°☆°~°~°~°

Nathan woke up with the small of burning food, nothing had caught fire, thank goodness but still his hard work and wanting to make something special for you went down the drain.

Throwing away the burnt food, Nathan didn't want to just give up on you and your special day.

Looking at the time, he established that you wouldn't be up until 12 or 1 in the morning, which gave Nathan just the right amount of time.

Preparing the same way as before, Nathan poured everything into the pans and decided to work on your yogurt in the meantime.

He took the strawberries out of the container and washed them. He took a cutting board and slowly but surely started to cut the strawberries.

Using the yogurt as a base, Nathan made a sort of structure of yogurt, strawberries, and blueberries.

But yet again, he took too much time with the other things that he burned the pancakes yet again.

Nathan wondered how the hell you made it look so easy!?

But still filled with ambition, Nathan re-made the batter and poured it into the pan. He set the fire to a medium heat and set off a timer.
Nathan started to clean up the previous mess he made when he tripped and gotten flower and eggs all over himself.

He got up and was reminded of the pancakes due to the timer.

He flipped the pancakes to find them the perfect golden brown, and he smiled. He was pleased with himself and set up another timer for the other side.

He took the rest of the items to the pantry and fridge. He got the broom and swept the flower off the floor. Scooped the eggs into his hands and I to the trash, he mopped the rest of the remaining evidence of his crime.

And yet again, the timer went off. He gathered the pancakes and placed them on the plate next to the bacon and eggs.

He placed everything on the tray and made his way upstairs, trying not to drop everything. Buts just as Nathan's luck would have it, it did not end well.

Nathan had stumbled and spilled your drink all over himself and the stairs, but none of the food was ruined.

He sighed and decided to get the drink right after. He walked into your shared room and placed the tray on his empty side.

He looked at your sleeping figure and smiled. All of this he just went through was going to be worth it.

He dashed downstairs and re-poured your drink and the mop. Leaving your drunk in the tray, he turned and started cleaning the stairs.

After he finished, he checked the time, and right on time, you started to wake up.

"Hey baby, happy birthday!"

Nathan said as he placed the tray on your lap. Smiling at your shocked but still sleepy face.

"You didn't have to do this for me, Nathan, and why are you covered in flower and eggs?"

Nathan had forgotten he was covered with that, but he just shrugged, causing you to brust out in laughter.

"Cooking is not your strong suit. Next time, let me do it!"

You said as you took a bite of the pancakes, which were surprisingly not that bad.

"But it's your birthday, and whatever my darling does for me, so can i, which means no cooking for the whole day."

Nathan leaned in for a kiss but was met with your hand.

"Okay, first get in the shower, dummy, you reak of eggs!! Then you get your kiss."

Nathan rushed intot he shower as you ate your breakfast in peace. This was surely a lot of effort, but you wouldn't have it any other way.

°~°~°~°☆°~°~°~°~°☆°~°~°~°~°☆°~°~°~°

(Crying, screaming, school is starting for me in 2 weeks, AND IM STILL NOT POSTING MORE!!)

(YALL, IM SO SORRY🫠 IM MAD AT MYSELF!! DONT FEEL SORRY FOR ME, OKAY. I HAVE SO MUCH FREE TIME, AND I STILL DECIDE NOT TO WORK ON MY WRITING!!!)

(AGAIN, IM SO SORRY FOR NOT KEEPING UP WITH MY PROMISES WITH POSTING MORE!!)