Chapter 21

the party was as fun as any snobby rich people party could get, if it werent for nari sunoo and heeseung would have died of boredom. they danced, argued (as in just heeseung and nari)  ate luxurious foods that should have had bigger portions and better flavor for the price, overall they where having a good time.

the three where talking about a random topic but where interrupted by someone clearing their throat, drawing their attention towards the noise.  "Heeseung can we talk." heeseung looked up at his father and then to sunoo who gave him a reassuring look. Unwillingly he got up and excused himself. he followed his dad to a private place to talk.

"Im sorry."

heeseung wasnt dumb he knew he wanted something out of him. "what do you want from me." his father quickly shook his head, " im genuinely sorry for everything ive put you through i know ive never been a good father to you things got especially harder when your mom left us, i wanna start fresh with you."

"fresh? why all of a sudden."

his father sighed "please heeseung forgive me."

Really, there was no point in holding a grudge. A grudge one holds ends up harming them more then the other person. A grudge prevents forgiveness and growth, growth is something we all need. Heeseung could dwell and mope in all the horrible things his father had done to him, or he could forgive the man and move on with his own life. The second option would benefit him much more than the first.

"Okay." he nodded slightly. "I forgive you. if you excuse me now, ill be heading back to sunoo."

———

Sunoo, heeseung, and nari all layed on heeseungs bed playing with ddongsik as the so called, "party" went on down stairs. a faint knock on the door interrupted the moment, "who is it?" nari asked

"Not sure, ill get it." sunoo offered making his way towards the door suprised to see the stunning girl back from their dorm standing in front of him, "Oh. hello?"

She looked shooken up glancing in both directions before quickly going into the the room shutting the door. She bowed apologetically, "im so sorry for coming unannounced, but heeseung we need to talk."

 The taller sighed and groaned annoyed, "isa i told you i dont li-"

"can you shut up and let me talk!? i dont like you either. your not my type!"

heeseung was shocked by her outburst feeling somewhat humbled? "Okay.." he trailed off "Then what are you here to talk about."

"Heeseung our parents are arranging a marriage. tonight. Theyre planning on making an announcement to everyone about our engagement. I dont want this just as much as you dont! ill be honest i did like you at first but i was just lying to myself. I found some else.. shes really amazing."

Wasnt that a relief for sunoo to hear. speaking of sunoo she turned to him and apologized extending her arm out to the other. , "Hello im Isa i know i didnt leave a great first impression and im very sorry but please! i dont like your boyfriend anymore, actually i dont like men in general!"

heeseung quickly shook his hands "Oh no we-"

"Oh shit i gotta go now, okay bye! remember! we need to stop this engagement asap!".  she said quikly shutting the door running off.

No one in the room knew what to say. 

———

heeseung quickly stormed down the staircase to confront his father. Sunoo trailed behind him trying to keep up with the older and talk him out of what he was doing, "heeseungie hyung calm down im sure theres another rational more private way to solv-"

heeseung quickly turned his body to face sunoo making the other flinch, "If you where me sunoo, you wouldve been doing the same thing. Not everything can be solved like a my little pony episode where we all dance and hug in the end because of the power of friendship or some shit!"

he realized his outburst may have come off a little hurtful and immediately felt bad. seeing sunoo look up at him like a kicked puppy made him melt. He let out a distressed sigh, "Im sorry flower i shouldnt lash out on you, you where just trying to help." Sunoo linked his arm with the olders, "Its fine." he said giving him a reassuring smile understanding the older was feeling stressed.

———

Heeseung pulled his father by his arm to grab his attention, unintentionally grabbing the attention of other's in the room who began to murmur words of disapproval. His father felt flustered but decided to to keep his cool and play it off since most eyes in the room where on the them, god forbid he ruins his image.

"Whats wrong son?"

"You know whats wrong. Youre trying to marry me off AGAIN. not only did you give me false hope by apologizing for going crazy and abusing me after my mom left just so i would somehow take you marrying me off better, oh yeah! do your little coworkers know about that? or did you just lie about that too." 

The older man looked around flustered still keeping his calm demeanor gritting out with a smile, "couldn't you have chosen a better time you brat."

"If i waited any longer you wouldve already made a deal with that poor girls family! Neither of us want this, this is what you guys want. I dont wanna give a heir who will continue this weird cycle we have going on and i know damn well she doesnt either. I dont romantically like her and she doesnt romantically like me! its really not that hard to comprehend."

Isas parents came dragging her in the conversation as she awkwardly stuffed her mouth with cake not sure what was happening just knowing they weren't content.

"swallow right now and wipe your face, act like a woman young lady!" her mom scolded, which she replied to with sticking her tongue out immaturely, grabbing a fistful of cake and mindlessly throwing it at her face making everyone gasp in horror. Her parrents looked at her in terror feeling frozen in place.

"Tell this man you want to marry his son." Her dad demanded

"Ion like dick"

———

The three, including ddongsik hurried out the house giggling and laughing, "dude-" isa paused to catch her breath and laugh more "how the hell did we get kicked out! I need to tell my girl" she said pulling her phone out frantically texting.

"Jeez someones head over heels" heeseung teased. She gave him a done look  "what a hypocrite." she said as she watched heeseung open the passenger door for sunoo, buckle him in and carefully close the door.

"Nothing wrong with making sure my good friend is safe!" he said grinning ear to ear

"The fact your friend zoning yourself is making me sad" she said getting into the back seat. Their trip began with dropping isa off at her girlfriends house, which would next lead them to sunoos moms house.

———

Sunoo gave final directions to his childhood home, shortly after heeseung pulled up to the driveway. They tiredly got out getting a good stretch to please their stiff limbs. Sunoo smiled warmly seeing his mother left the porch lights on for them.

He went to go help heeseung unload their things from the car to find he had already finished. He made sure to help out the older by carrying things inside. 

"Im nervous" heeseung spoke up making the younger snort, "why? shes nice! its not like shes gonna be mean or something." he sighed" no yeah i know thattt" he whined

"im just scared!"

"it wont be bad-" sunoo got interrupted by the door being opened out of no where.