Chapter 23

Both, including ddongsik where back after their little road trip from sunoos home. Currently heeseung was waiting for sunoo to hurry and finish getting ready so they could leave to the new years party yeonjun and soobin invited them to. Heeseung tossed his phone to the side sighing stretching his limbs feeling so bored not even his phone could satisfy his boredom. "flowerrr" he whined "hurry up!" 

"Flower!?"

he furrowed his brows wondering why he wasnt getting an answer so he got up to go check on the younger. He leaned on the doorframe with an ammused face as he watched sunoo sitting on the very small crammed bathroom counter trying to get his left wing to match his right. 

"Too focused that you cant respond to me?"

Sunoo shrieked falling backwards catching himself on the sink nobs which just turned when he grabbed them causing him to fall on the ground butt first on the restroom matt. Sunoo hissed in while heeseung burst out laughing. "Whats so funny!?" he asked furiously 

"This is your fault im pretty sure i broke my butt!" he said getting up leaning over the sink grabbing make up wipes to remove the very long cat eye heeseung had caused. 

"I doubt it hurt that bad."

Sunoo stopped to glare at him," what makes you think that". He jumped from the force of heeseungs hand hitting his bottom, "because youve got all this cushion!"

Sunoo began hitting the taller smacking him with the make up wipe, forcing him out the restroom. "go wait on the couch!"

———

The tension in the car was thick. Sunoo sat in the passanger seat, legs crossed, arms crossed and poker face. Heeseung felt like he was walking on egg shells.  "....Your make up looks nice" he said timidly.

"I know."

Heeseung nodded putting his attention back on the road just to turn over a couple minutes later, "I like your outfit"

"Shut up."

He gulped and nodded, "Wait- can i ask you something?" 

silience.

"Can-"

"Just ask the goddamn question." heeseung took a breath to reassure and calm himself, "Are you mad?" Sunoo finally turned towards him to give him a glare. "What do you thi-"

"Ill buy you ice cream."

Sunoo beamed, practically flying to grab onto heeseungs arm, "How could i ever be mad at you, what made you think that!"

———

Sunoo found heeseung sitting on the patio swing isolating himself from the party. "Why are you out here, its getting wild in there" sunoo said laughing and taking a seat next to the older. Heeseung gave him a soft smile with gazing eyes listening to everything sunoo had to say about the wild things happening in the house.

"Cmon you should come theres cute boys and girls!" sunoo said winking. "Your favorit-"

"Sunoo what do you take me for." He said out of the blue hands stuffed in his jackets pockets no longer looking at sunoo but the wall infront of them. "What do you mean heeseungie?"

"What do you and everyone think of me?" sunoo tilted his head "Heeseung i dont follow what you're saying" he said softly

"Well it just seems everyone takes me for someone who could never settle down and have a relationship- but thats not true" he said shaking his head looking at sunoo "I wanna settle down. I wanna be with someone i love- but i made that reputation for myself so then again" he looked back at the wall "I cant complain."

"Heeseung im sorry i shouldnt have made that comment do you wanna talk or...?" 

A small part of heeseung thought maybe if he told sunoo his desires to settle down with someone sunoo would see him in this whole new different light. Maybe. But the bigger more rational side of heeseung knew sunoo, wasnt his. Confessing how much he wanted to be with someone seriously wasnt gonna make sunoo leave to be with him. It didnt work like that.

"Heeseung?"

Inside the house the countdown could be heard, but sunoo didnt budge keeping his full attention on the older showing he was here from him.

In contrast, this was a great escape for heeseung to get out of the awkward conversation he put the both of them in. "Oh the countdowns starting lets go" He said getting up opening the door for them. Sunoo didnt get up "Heeseung are you sure you seem pretty bothered we can stay and talk." Heeseung stood mid door turning back to say "better hurry theyre already on 15!" he said smiling.

Sunoo caved in and walked into the house linking his arm with heeseungs trying to comfort him although he wasnt sure for what, but what ever it was he needed to make sure heeseung knew he could count on him.

"3"

"2"

"1"

"Happy new years!"

Confetti and alcohol flew everywhere,  people cheered, people hugged, people kissed, fireworks went off outside making some go outside to watch them, including sunoo and heeseung. Sunoo looked up and gave heeseung a peck on the cheek, "happy new year hyung"

"Happy new year flower."

If only sunoo realized the blazing fire hed caused in heeseungs heart that he himself would have to put out.

———

A/N

a nice lil  calm before the storm cus its ab to go down in the next couple chapters.😧😧

thanks for reading sorry for any typos hope you enjoyed!