|Chapter 13|

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:

The car ride back to their respective places was filled with laughter, grumbles, and drunken antics.

Giyu, being the designated driver, drove everyone home while Tengen and Gyomei lounged in the backseats, in various stages of intoxication.

As Giyu dropped off Gyomei first, he mumbled incomprehensible complaints about being the chauffeur for his friends.

"Why does it feel like I'm babysitting full grown man babies? You guys need to pay me for this." Giyu grumbled loud enough for Tengen and Kyojuro to hear.

Tengen, ever the cheerful one even in his drunken state, retorted from the backseats, "Oh come on, Giyu! You love us, so it's not a big deal!"

Giyu rolled his eyes, unable to argue with Tengen's logic, and continued driving to drop off Kyojuro next.

They reached the front of the Rengoku estate, and Giyu stopped the car.

"Alright, Kyojuro. We're at your place now. Time to get out," Giyu said, trying to sound stern despite the exhaustion in his voice.

"Thanks, Giyu." Kyojuro, still inebriated, struggled to stand up with Giyu's help. He swayed on his feet, feeling the alcohol making everything a bit hazy.

Then suddenly-Tengen, in his own drunken manner, suddenly wailed and hopped on Kyojuro's back, wrapping his arms around him.

"No. I wanna be with my Kyojuro babes." Tengen exclaimed, trying to be dramatic but instead sounding silly.

Kyojuro, surprised by the sudden addition of weight on his back, howled a laugh and said, "Tengen, you're being ridiculous. Let me walk inside."

Giyu, trying to keep things under control, shook his head with a mix of amusement and exasperation. "Alright, Tengen-Get back in the car. Seriously."

"Nope." Tengen said, popping the P in the end. "I'm staying with my Kyojuro babes."

Before Giyu could protest or even considering dragging the big bulky man by the hair to the car, Kyojuro cut them both off.

He smiles at Giyu, "We've done enough trouble for you, Giyu. I don't mind Tengen crashing at my place."

"Are you sure?" Giyu persisted, "He's drunk and he might fuck you in his sleep."

Kyojuro shook the thought away, "It's perfectly fine. Have a safe trip back home."

"Yaayy~" Tengen dragged out, "We'll definitely be spooning tonight. I'm the little spoon."

Giyu left and Kyojuro and Tengen managed to make their way to the front door of Kyojuro's house.

With Tengen ringing the doorbell repeatedly, he started his drunken ramblings about the unflashiness of Kyojuro's place.