|Chapter 27|

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN:

"You should really stop chasing Kyojuro."

Vivian's confusion and surprise were palpable as she absorbed Mitsuri's words.

"But why should I stop chasing after Kyojuro?" she asked, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

Mitsuri's expression turned compassionate as she responded, her words carrying a touch of wisdom.

She then said, "Vivian, what you've been doing, it's starting to get out of hand. I know you have strong feelings, but it's important to recognize boundaries. You're not a faculty member, and yet you're constantly on campus. Non-students and non-faculty members typically aren't allowed to be inside the campus."

The tension in the conversation grew as Vivian remained persistent despite Mitsuri's words of caution.

Her determination was evident as she countered with her own perspective.

"Well, after the graduation ceremony, I won't have to come to campus anymore. I'll be seeing Kyojuro outside of school grounds for the summer." Vivian muttered, loud enough for Mitsuri to hear.

Mitsuri's expression shifted to one of disappointment, her concern for Vivian's well-being evident in her gaze.

She sighed softly before speaking, her voice carrying a touch of sadness. "Vivian, you're one of my close friends, and I care about you. I don't want to see you end up heartbroken."

Vivian's reaction was swift and intense. Offended and upset by Mitsuri's words, her emotions surged within her, fueled by a mix of frustration, disappointment, and a touch of wounded pride.

"I need to go." Without hesitation, she excused herself and walked away, her steps carrying a sense of determination and resolve.

As Mitsuri watched Vivian's retreating figure, her expression conveyed a complex blend of displeasure and disappointment.

The exchange had left both of them with unresolved emotions and tensions that hung in the air, a reminder of the intricacies of friendship and the challenges of navigating delicate situations.

On the other side, Vivian's heart was filled with a mixture of rage and turmoil. Her emotions roiled within her, a reflection of the clash between her desires and the realities of the situation.

'I'll prove them wrong. I will be the one Kyojuro falls in love with.'

As the evening descended, a gathering of familiar faces had assembled on the streets, each with their own sense of anticipation.

Elias, Inosuke, the Kamado siblings, and Zenitsu were all present, united by a shared purpose.

Inosuke's characteristic grumbling echoed through the air as impatience got the better of him. "Why is (Y/N) taking so long? We've been waiting forever."