|Chapter 30|

CHAPTER THIRTY:

CHAPTER THIRTY:

"Who's getting married?"

Caught in a moment of shared confusion, Kyojuro and Tengen exchanged glances that spoke volumes without a single word.

'Why in the Jebesus' name is she still here?'

Their expressive eyebrows seemed to silently question the unexpected presence of Vivian in their conversation, reflecting their mutual bewilderment at the situation.

'No idea. But she reeks of desperation.'

As the seconds ticked by, Tengen took the lead and chose to address Vivian while sidestepping her question about marriage entirely.

His approach was diplomatic, steering the conversation in a different direction. With a gracious smile and his natural charm, he posed his own inquiry to Vivian.

"Vivian-! Are you enjoying the party so far?" Tengen's question carried a polite and friendly tone, subtly indicating his shift away from the topic of marriage.

Vivian's response carried a veneer of kindness, as she assured Tengen. "It's been very fun. I'm having a blast, thanks for asking!"

However, beneath her polite words, an undercurrent of annoyance was palpable to both Kyojuro and Tengen. The tension between them was not lost on anyone present.

As the conversation took an unexpected turn, Vivian's curiosity piqued, and she directed her attention toward Kyojuro's small box, pressing him for an explanation about the ring and its intended recipient.

"My feet hurt. Won't you guys mind if I sit here for a bit? While we're here, why don't we talk about that little gift you're hiding hmm?"

"I-I... uh."

Kyojuro hesitated, seemingly on the verge of responding, when Tengen interjected in a protective manner.

Tengen's interruption was unapologetically straightforward, his words carrying a tone of authority that made it clear he wasn't willing to indulge Vivian's inquiries.

"It's really none of your business," Tengen stated firmly, not mincing his words. "You should go back to enjoying the party," He added, an implied dismissal that underlined his stance.

Vivian's argument escalated the tension in the air, her words carrying a mixture of determination and vulnerability.

She asserted that her interest in Kyojuro's life was justified due to their close friendship and the feelings she harbored for him.

She candidly expressed her love and her desire to know if Kyojuro was planning to propose, revealing the depth of her emotions and her hope for their relationship to take a romantic turn.

The weight of Vivian's confession hung in the air, creating a charged atmosphere that crackled with unspoken emotions. Kyojuro's expression shifted, his face reddening as a surge of anger coursed through him.