|Chapter 34|

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR:

Kyojuro's entrance had taken an unexpected turn, as the initial tension and apprehension gave way to a playful pillow fight.

Pillows were flying through the air, and Kyojuro found himself caught in the middle of the friendly chaos.

Surprise painted his features as he attempted to dodge the incoming pillows, his reflexes kicking in.

"Hey, wait, stop!" Kyojuro called out, his laughter blending with his words as he tried to fend off the onslaught.

He managed to evade most of the pillows with nimble movements, his expression a mix of surprise and amusement.

However, the situation escalated when Inosuke threw a bottle at him.

Kyojuro's reflexes kicked in once again, his hand snapping out to swiftly catch the bottle mid-air. He shot a look at Inosuke, a hint of unamused annoyance in his gaze.

"Are you serious?" Kyojuro's voice held a questioning edge, his eyes fixed on Inosuke as he tried to understand the intentions behind the bottle throw.

Tanjiro's voice cut through the chaos, his tone more measured as he called for a halt. "Everyone, stop! It's just Rengoku-Sensei."

The room fell into a temporary quiet as the pillows ceased their flight. Kyojuro's gaze shifted from one friend to another, his expression softening as the playful energy subsided.

"Actually," Kyojuro interjected, a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips. "You can just call me 'Kyojuro.' I'm not your teacher anymore."

Zenitsu's voice chimed in with a touch of incredulity, "Using first names with our old teacher is kind of strange, isn't it?"

"Hmm hmm." Nezuko nodded in agreement, a shy smile on her face, while Inosuke and Elias seemed eager to adopt the change.

They both exclaimed in unison, "Okay, Kyojuro!"

Kyojuro's smile remained warm as he addressed ex students, a sense of warmth filling the room. "I apologize for barging in like this. I didn't mean to interrupt whatever you guys were up to."

As he took a moment to survey the scene around him, it became clear that they were in the midst of a cozy sleepover.

Bottles and chips littered the floor, pillows and blankets draped haphazardly, painting a picture of a fun and relaxed gathering.

With a slightly sheepish expression, Kyojuro continued, "It looks like you're all having a great time here. But I came looking for (Y/N). Do you guys know where she is?"

The room's atmosphere shifted once again as Elias revealed the whereabouts of the sought-after (Y/N).

Kyojuro's eyes widened as he took in the sight of her-half drunk, half sleepy, and lying on her stomach on one of the couches.