Payment for My Actions

I stamped down my fear and tried to be rational. Tried to speak in a soothing tone hoping it might make him ease some.

Be gentler in what he was going to do to me.

"Just calm down, Van."

He hissed through his teeth. "Don't you dare tell me to calm down! Do you know what you just nearly risked?"

I was quiet, knowing that if I said yes, it'd only make him angrier and if I said no, he'd be angry that I was playing at less intellect. He'd never buy it anyway.

"Now ready yourself, mate. I'm taking you until you learn you can't trifle with me. And you don't. Keep. Secrets. From. Your. Mate."

Then he entered me viciously.

"Vanquish!" I called. Near to begging for mercy. Feeling him probing deep into my core. His hard length impaling me like a solid branch. Unrelenting and unfeeling.

So unlike him.

***

This was far from the warm man that he'd been for the last few months.

Closer to the cruel creature he was before.

The bully that'd tormented me. Dragged me out of my hut and made me go to the river with them and torn my bindings from under my cloak.

The one that'd revealed me to them all.

He was plowing into me. Dragging out then slamming back in.

Trying to punish me by asserting his dominance as only a wolf would. I knew that if I looked back at him, I would see the bits of fur peeling apart his pores and his eyes yellowing.

His wolf was raging.

I tried to think of a way to calm him.

Though his physical punishment was intended to put me in my place as his obedient mate, it was the knowledge that I'd betrayed him, hurt him that was causing me the most remorse.

I was willing to accept my position as his mate on the bottom because I knew that I had the power to affect his emotions to this level. My body jerked roughly as he gripped my hips and wrenched me back to meet his enraged thrusts. I hissed through my teeth in pain at the fierce stabbing. "Vanquish..."

"What?" He snapped.

"You don't have to injure me to prove that I hurt you."

He growled in his throat and fell over my back. His arms dropping to frame mine, nearly in relief. As if I'd said something he needed to hear. He stopped moving and put the side of his face between my shoulder blades. Incredibly still.

***

He was acting as an animal because he didn't know how to communicate what he was feeling.

I decided to risk following the same vein. "I know you're angry, but even more than that you feel betrayed. You've been so good to me, and I disregarded what you'd feel about me persuading Hunter to sneak out."

He was quiet so long I wondered if what I'd said made it worse. Finally, he murmured against my back. "You forgot about the part where you could've gotten yourself killed. What would I have done if Draven came after you?"

The Alpha would've ripped out my throat in the camp.

"He'd have made an example of me." I knew I would've forced his hand.

"I wouldn't have let him, but it would've risked us all when I defied him to save you."

"You'd have done that?"

He sighed and gave a soft kiss to my shoulder. "You should know by now, I'd do anything for you...If you'd just talk to me."

"You're mad I didn't tell you." I realized. Speaking breathlessly and concentrating on not moving as I was already becoming sore and he was still hard as stone inside me.

Unsure if he wants to make love or fuck me. I could feel his indecision.

"How can I protect you if I don't know what your up to."

"It doesn't feel like you want to protect me right now." I took the opportunity to point out.

"That's exactly what I'm doing. If you won't listen and won't communicate, you'll get us all killed. I need you to remember that you're mated. You're not a creature operating on your own."

I was painfully aware of that fact. I needed them if I was ever going to remember fully who I was. And to seek vengeance on the ones that made me suffer.

That stole my family from me.

"What do you want?" I asked softly.

"You to goddamn talk to me!" Vanquish growled fiercely. "Or I swear by all that's Holy, I'll fuck you to death to get my point across."

***

He means it. I knew the ferocity in his tone.

"I will." I said. Shocking myself by how much I meant it.

I don't ever want to hurt him like this again.

I slid forward to escape him. Sliding off him.

His grip clung to my hips as though unwilling to release me. But trusting me enough to let me go.

I twisted to the side, and he straightened, his pants still hooked between his knees. I lightly pushed him over sideways.

He tipped. Balling enough to catch his weight on a muscled shoulder and roll onto his back as I was crawling over him.

I positioned myself over him. Taking my own power back in a way.

I knew that he was aware what I was about, but I had acknowledged I was doing wrong and that I wouldn't do it again. I relented.

I gave him ground so he's willing to give me some.

I lowered slowly onto his length. Inch by inch. Taking him into my sore body. Letting my muscles adjust slowly to accommodate him. I whooshed an indrawn breath through my teeth to fight the pain.

He lurched up to catch my cheeks in his palms.

"Easy." He ordered. Tugging me down to kiss him. He delved his tongue into my mouth as though memorizing every corner of it. Willing to take his time.

He broke away, flushed and clearly wanting more. "Ride me, Vanna."