Warlord

"Who?" Vanquish lowered my head carefully to the floor before standing over me.

Preparing to get very aggressive with Magus.

Quickly, from the look of it. If Magus doesn't start talking.

"Are you Gallion?" Magus' gaze was locked on me. Fully prepared to ignore Vanquish closing in on him. Breathing raggedly and exuding fury as if he were already prepared to pounce.

"Yes." I whispered.

Magus did an excited little hop in the doorway.

"It's her, Hawk!" He barely tossed over his shoulder. "I was right. Zyra was right..."

"Zyra?" Vanquish growled.

"My mate." Magus gave him a surprised glance, as if only now, seeing him for the first time. "She thought Vanna Rae was the one..."

"The one what?" Hunter joined Vanquish. Shoulder to shoulder with him, crowding Magus from the doorway out onto the steps.

"The one we've been searching everywhere for."

"For what?" Vanquish hissed through clenched teeth.

Magus peered around him at me. "Can you calm him down?"

He gestured to Vanquish's length.

"No." I shook my head. Crossing my arms over my chest. "There's no calming him down when he gets like this. Best tell him what he wants to know."

"Because we've been searching everywhere for her." Magus explained. Another man materialized in the doorway. A dark shadow with dark hair and snapping green eyes.

Behind him was a woman that seemed nervous and

was standing back looking from one to the other of them.

She ducked slightly to peer between them and got one look at Vanquish with his flashing yellow eyes and she took a quick step back.

Obviously terrified at the sight of Vanquish's wolf peering out.

Something about the girl exuded a kind of pulsing energy that had my hair prickling.

"Why?" Vanquish's voice whipped through the air.

"Is she a mage?" I looked at the man that had just joined us. Pointing to the girl beyond them.

He looked back at her and then at me before lowering her head.

"A mage?" Vanquish snarled. Looking over them at the girl which was already backing up so fast she stumbled.

Hawk backed from the doorway and hopped down from the steps to help her up. "She's mine." He lifted his head challengingly. "And I'm a mage."

"Everyone needs to calm down!" Magus put his hands up to ward Vanquish from approaching faster. "Before this all blows up..."

There was a moment of silence where the air crackled between us.

Mages and wolves do not get along.

"We're not your enemy." Magus emphasized. Breaking the silence. He pointed off in the distance. "He is. King Detry."

"Not right now." Racer commented from behind Hunter and Vanquish. "The NightHunters are."

"They're all one and the same..." Hawk said quietly from where he ducked the pretty blonde mage under his arm protectively.

"I don't give a shit about King Detry." Vanquish said.

"You will." Hawk said. "He is going to come for you. And likely for her."