Mating Moon on the Rise

"You're going to need me?" I said nervously. Chewing my cheek. I'd already dealt with another Mating Moon since that first one. It hadn't been nearly as brutal.

Still...

"Yes." Vanquish nodded. "But I don't think that's what he means."

"I mean they're going to scent you a mile away." Racer warned in a dangerous tone. "I'm not letting you go anywhere near that camp."

Shit.

I wanted to go. Wanted to see how big their force was. And what resources they have.

Magus walked through the trees. Catching the tail end of the conversation. "He's right, you know? I was standing downwind from you and could smell you down the hill."

He gestured behind him. "Any closer and they'll know you're here."

Dammit.

"I've already got my mate hiding in the trees and staying camouflaged as much as possible." Magus warned.

I deflated.

"It'll be alright, Vanna." Racer tucked me under his arm and ruffled my hair like I was a small child. We'll keep you plenty occupied until then..."

"Ugh." I groaned. Rolling my eyes

Heavenward.

But when he chuckled and looked away, I was smiling.

I, more than anyone, knew how dangerous the Asara Pack males could be under a Mating Moon. But that had been when my males were unsatisfied, yearning and unmated.

They're going to be much more manageable now.

At least I hoped so...

***

I was pacing the small shack when nightfall came, and all my mates were crowded into the shelter.

Magus and Hawk and Jonathan were taking turns keeping watch outside the door.

I could smell the odor of NightHunter males scenting upwind from us.

Which means those downwind, have gotten a whiff of us. Like Magus said.

As the Mating Moon drew closer, all wolves became more potent.

And more sensitive to the scent of the others.

Vanquish came in. A low growl rumbling from his chest as his eyes lit on me.

"You smell like the sweetest Heaven." He groaned ferally. His eyes brightening yellow. "Pure sexual allure tantalizing these woods."

Hunter was close on his heels nodding.

"I'm going to need you tonight, Vanna

Rae...If you don't want me to be fierce in a few nights time."

I gave a low growl. Not liking when he tried to tell me what to do. Like now.

"Strip down for me, she-wolf." He was sauntering toward me. His gaze roving my body hungrily.

I looked at the other two who were studying me yearningly, though they didn't seem quite as frenzied. I remembered last year.

This had been about the time, they'd all discovered I wore nothing beneath my cloak other than scraps.

They'd pawed, rubbed and thrust all over my body.

I was eyeing them nervously.

"Don't look at them." Vanquish stepped into my view. "Look at me. Soon enough it will be all of us. But tonight...You're mine."