Brutality

He was staring at me covering myself with blatant disapproval. He nodded his chin down and my arms obediently fell away. Letting his gaze rove over me like a fondling touch. Caressing every part of me.

"Chair." He jerked his head toward it. Not giving me a choice.

I walked to it. Looking at him next to me in confusion.

"Lean over it and grip the seat."

I blew a long breath and leaned over it.

I heard the rustle of him removing his clothes and felt his large hands land on my bare waist, just above where my hips flared. I felt the hardness of his cock prodding my entrance and awaited the vicious thrust that would plant him in me.

"Van..." Racer tried to intervene. A sympathetic note in his voice.

Trying to calm his brother.

Vanquish whipped around as if challenged to roar at them. "Go to bed."

And for the first time I could recall, the other two slunk over by the fire to obey. Watching uneasily. If I cried out, they'd come running.

I was going to have to be quiet. My stomach tightened with the hint of fear as I gripped the seat in clenched fingers. My jaw locking and my eyes squinting closed. My bared legs would soon feel him. My ass was offered into the air like a hole presented for his pleasure. I knew my slit was already damp and would welcome his thickness, despite the racing of my heart.

He stepped between my ankles and lightly kicked them apart. Opening me further for him.

I flinched. I knew what he was doing.

He was demanding my submission. Cold and

aggressive. He was going to hurt me, dominate me. Prove I was only a female.

And there was a good chance it was going to hurt.

Like it did under the Mating Moon.

No! Something in me fractured and became furious. That's not happening again.

Not like that!

The she-wolf in me was nearly roaring in objection.

My head snapped up and I rounded on him. Remembering who this was.

This is Vanquish.

My mate.

And I was a Gallion. I refused to fear him.

His face dropped into mine predatorily as he slid his feet forward until we were toe to toe.

"What are you doing?" He snarled through gritted teeth. His shoulders swaying around mine as he moved like a stalking wolf. Threatening me with his stance and raw aggression. Only then did I realize I'd been wrong about him stripping. He'd shucked his dark breeches but still wore a leather tunic over his shoulders. Open down his chest and baring his arms.

I'd barely noticed it when he'd stalked in.

He'd already been in such a fine rage, I couldn't have noticed.

"Standing up to you Vanquish. I'm your mate. Not your bitch."

"You think I don't know that?" He grated out.

"I think you forget."

"I forget nothing." His lip curled in disdain. "I've given you everything. Yet it is Hunter you run to for your secret favors."

Hunter growled from the corner but Vanquish didn't even look back at him.

He can't see anyone but me right now.